The Unexpected Task

Start from the beginning

I was taken aback by the question.

"Er, yeah I do. My aunt Andromeda and her husband taught me. Why?" I replied, perplexed.

"Champions have to dance. We open the ball." Harry said, gloomily.

I laughed at Harry miserable expression.

"I'll start teaching you today after dinner. We can use the music room, it's practically always empty." I assured Harry.

"Ro, what would I do without you?" Harry said gratefully.

"Trip over your own feet in front of all of Hogwarts." I said, sweetly.

Harry just rolled his eyes and laughed as we entered the Great Hall.

I led Harry to the music room after dinner with Winter following us. Harry looked around the music room in awe.

"Why do people not come in here?" Harry asked.

"You have to have permission from Flitwhick. He wants this place to be for potential musicians not a hangout place for students." I explained.

I went towards a music box so it would start playing.

"Okay, I'm going to teach you a waltz that is always played at Wizard Balls." I said as I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the centre of the room.

Harry looked nervous. I smiled kindly.

"Hey, it's just you and me. I was awful while I was learning. I kept stepping on my Uncle Ted's toes." I said laughing.

Harry smiled a little.

I stepped closer to Harry and put my left hand on his shoulder and placed my right hand in his. I guided Harry's left hand to my waist.

"Right, the boy usually leads but since you don't know steps I'll lead and when you know them you lead." I said.

Harry nodded nervously and I showed him the waltz.

It wasn't complicated and was quite simple. Harry stepped on my toes a few times but he wasn't bad.

"You're doing great." I said encouragingly, as we did a successful spin.

"Oh yeah?" Harry said, not as nervous as before.

"Definitely. I kept tripping over when I was learning." I said.

"Well that makes me feel better." Harry said, smiling.

"I was six years old at the time but still." I said, grinning.

Harry rolled his eyes and laughed.

"Okay, well you know steps now so now you start leading. Just do the same thing but know you're guiding me instead of me guiding you." I said.

Harry gulped and nodded.

As we danced it felt like electricity was passing between us. At first we both just looked at different sides of the room while we danced but as we danced more and more we kept looking into each others eyes. It went from quick glances to long lingering stares. As we stared into each others eyes we moved closer and closer to each other intill there was no space between us. Harry and I started to lean in towards each other at the same time. Our foreheads touched. Our lips inches from each other. The music then stopped, and we were snapped out off our trance. We both were blushing a crimson red and stared awkwardly around the room.

"It's nearly curfew. We should go back to the common room." Harry said, breaking the silence as he looked at his watch.

I nodded and grabbed my bag and handed Harry his. Harry opened the door to the music room and let me go first. We walked back to the common room in an awkward silence as Winter bounded along beside me, oblivious to the tense atmosphere. Neither me or Harry spoke till we reached the portrait hole.

"Well you got the hang of it pretty quick. You'll be fine, there's nothing else you need to know unless you want to be a professional dancer." I said, trying to break this tension between us.