After running for fifteen minutes, Rayne found a nice tree with large branches and climbed up it. She laid her body across the branch. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the feeling of the cool night air blowing across her face,

“Rayne!” She heard her mate call.

She looked down at the bottom of the tree to see her mate standing there naked. “What do you want Marcus?” Rayne asked through the mind link.

“I just wanted to check and make sure you were ok” He said softly.

“I’m fine Marcus,” Rayne said through the mind link. She sighed “Go back to Thia, it’s where you would rather be anyway”

“Come on Ray, don’t be like that, do you really think I want to do that with her? I have no choice she was starting to get suspicious.”

Rayne growled at him “That’s fine Marcus, but you better be prepared for the consequences if you go through with it.” She warned.

“What consequences?” He asked

“Do you really think I would want to be with someone who has slept with my sister?” She asked shaking her lions head “If you go through with it, we are done…………..for good. I will find and mark someone else who wants me and only me”

Marcus growled, “You can’t do that! I won’t let you. You are my mate and we are going to be together for ever.”

Rayne laughed through the mind link so Marcus could hear her “Wrong!” She said. “I don’t have to be with my destined mate. I can break my bond with my mate simply by marking someone else. You of course will still feel the bound, but I would be free of you. So I suggest if that’s not what you want me to do, that you end things with my sister.” She looked him in the eyes. “And tell people I am your mate.” She looked away from him and looked at the woods below. “Times ticking Marcus, you have until ten tonight to decide. If you sleep with Thia I will take that as your permission for me to move on, if you don’t sleep with her and still don’t tell anyone we are mates than we are through.”

"You...will....not..do..that!" Marcus said breathing heavy.

Rayne stood up on the branch and jumped down to the ground “The choice is yours Marcus”

With that said Rayne ran passed him and headed back in the direction of the pack house. She knew what she asked of him was a lot and he most likely won’t do it. But at least if he doesn’t follow her instruction she can move on guilt free. He had his chance.

As soon as she reached her room, Rayne couldn’t hold back her tears any longer. She dived on her bed and just let it all out. The pain of finding her mate and being rejecting, her mate choosing her sister over her. The fact that she had slept with Marcus and not remembered a thing. The way her brother and sister had treated her like crap for years now.

She had just finished crying when there was a knock on the door. She got up off her bed and made her way over to the door to answer it.

“What do you want Thia?” Rayne asked with a sigh, she knew her face would have looked like a mess and that Thia would be able to tell that she had been crying but she didn’t care. She felt completely numb.

Thia pushed Rayne out of the way and marched into her room, “Stay away from Marcus, he’s mine” Thia warned

Rayne rolled her eyes at her sister “What makes you think I would want your boyfriend Thia?” Rayne asked hoping that her sister had not figured it out that Marcus was her mate.

“I see the way you look at him,” She said pointing a finger at Rayne “You like him don’t you?” She asked

“Go away Thia” Rayne groaned “Just go away from me, I’m tired of having to deal with your bullshit all of the time, It’s bad enough that you turned everyone against me because you felt jealous because mum was giving me more attention than you, but now you’re going to harass me because you finally found a boyfriend”

“I am not jealous of you!” Thia shouted

“I didn’t say you were Thia, I said you were jealous of the extra attention mum was giving me”

“Of course I was!” She screamed. “She would always take you into the woods with her and you would be gone for hours and when you would come back you both would be smiling and laughing.”

Rayne rolled her eyes “She was teaching me how to hunt in lion form Thia, she was also teaching me things that lions can do”

“She could have taken me with!” She shouted

“You’re a wolf Thia, you wouldn’t have been able to do half the stuff she was teaching me, you would have been sitting there bored and whining the entire time”

Thia huffed and crossed her arms over her chest “Says you”

“Fine whatever I don’t care Thia, the point is because of your selfish little child act you made everyone hate me even my own brother, so just stay the hell away from me. You win ok. Game over now get out” Rayne said before turning her back on her sister and walking over to her bed.

“Just stay away from Marcus, he’s mine” Thia said before walking out of the room and slamming the door.

“You can have him Thia” Rayne mumbled before laying down on her bed.