Knowledge is Experience

"The only source of knowledge is experience."

~Albert Einstein

        Evie's eyes fluttered open and her senses returned to her as she woke from a dream she couldn't quite remember. There was an unfamiliar surface below her and a very familiar arm wrapped around her waist. She could already tell she wasn't wearing any trace of clothing, her arms shivering from the open air caused from her arms being untucked from the soft blanket covering the rest of her body. She took a couple of seconds to remember where she was, smiling at the night they'd had. She treasured every night like the one her and Spencer had last night. She'd never felt closer to anyone else in her entire life. 

        Evelyn moved her eyes down to look at the tightly secured arm around the bare skin of her waist. She trailed her eyes up to see Spencer sprawled out on the floor, filling her chest with building feelings of excitement just from how adorable he looked in that moment. She loved waking up to watch him sleep. He looked so innocent, even younger. His hair was a complete mess which she loved. His eyelashes looked longer when his eyes were closed, his lips even softer as quiet breaths escaped them. He lied on his side, facing her. The blanket was tangled around him so that most of his chest and back were revealed, the cloth hanging loosely on his hip. One leg portruded, stretched out away from Evie. 

        She couldn't let this moment go uncaptured. With a careful hand, Evie enclosed his wrist in her grasp and gently moved the arm from around her waist, accidentally dropping it so it thumped on the floor. She froze while watching Spencer stir in his sleep, scrunching up his face and stretching for a moment before resuming the same beautiful position sprawled out on the blanket. 

        Evie let out a relieved breath before letting herself smile with excitement. She reached over and grabbed Spencer's discarded dress shirt to slip it on. The sleeves hung big on her arms that were way too small for the size. She buttoned the front up a few buttons. It reached just past her waist so she was covered up just enough. Evie stood and quietly made her way across the living room floor, bending her legs dramatically to try to not make too much sound. 

        When in her room, she slipped a new pair of underwear on before running to her nightstand to snatch up her sketchpad and a handful of pencils. It took her some sifting around to do through her drawer, but eventually she found an eraser as well. 

        Evie ran back to the living room, hoping that Spencer hadn't woken up or moved from his position. She was elated to find him tangled in the blanket in the same perfect way. She sat on the floor 'criss-cross applesauce'. She lied her sketchpad on her lap and set her pencils down in a perfectly straight line because she couldn't arrange them any other way. She studied Spencer, not being able to help the smile that spread across her lips. 

        As soon as she started scribbling out the shape of his body, there was no stopping her. Evie scratched the pencil across the page, trying to be as quiet as she could as to not wake Spence.  She curved out the shape of his muscles and shaded in his touseled hair. 

        Lost in drawing, she didn't keep track of how much time had gone by. If she had to guess, she'd guess about seven to ten minutes before she was finally nearly finished. She continued to add highlights and shadows in just the right places. Engrossed in her work, the sudden break of silence made her jump.

        "You done yet?" Spencer's sleepy voice came. He still had his eyes closed in the same way, but he was obviously awake now. Evie took a deep breath, regaining herself after he started her. An amused smile crossed her lips as she watched him open one eye to look at her.