Chapter 61:Alex

-Alex pov-

I'm sitting in the library waiting. Santana is supposed to come by and do books. After a few more minutes I get up and look out the door. There's not the normal kids walking around. How odd...after all the time I've been here they have never been so empty here.

I walk out and look around. There's no laughing or footsteps in the halls. What is going on? I walk to the Blazer's room and open the door. The room is filled with smoke and I step in.

When the smoke fades I see the old apartment. All of the drugs and beer bottles. I look around the room and see the bongs strewn across the bed. I walk toward the kitchen and see all of the torn bands with spoons. 

Soon gunshots fill the air and I drop. When I stand up and look around I smile. I'm outside the courthouse in Lima. There's a woman that gives me some money. She didn't look at me when she did it either. She just gave.

Everything shifts again and I frown. I'm in the library's back room. I'm holding a small bag with a white substance. I walk toward myself slowly.

"Stop" I turn around and see the tired eyes "Why try? I always go back...I never can just stay clean!"

"Because we have a reason now" I watch her turn and empty the bag on the table "What are you doing?"

"I can't sleep in the guest room" I make a few lines "I just need release"

I go to push her away but it's too late. I step back and look at the calendar. It's today...I did this today.

"ALEXANDRIA!" I jolt awake and go to wipe my nose "Stop"

I look up "Oh" Maribel leans down with a paper towel "I'm bleeding aren't I?"

"Office now" She holds the towel to my nose and helps me up "We will talk about this"

"What about the table?" I try to turn but get stopped by her "What?"

"It's already been cleaned up" We walk out and I see police tape "Let's just go to the office"

"They are there aren't they?" Maribel doesn't answer "You're gonna bail me out aren't you?" 

"I failed protecting you" We reach the main office and I see the police "We will get you soon"

"Don't" I sigh and step on my own to the officers "I've had this happen before...Let's just take me"

I get my rights read and handcuffed. I get lead out of the school and notice all of the student's aren't out. They made sure no one saw me. It doesn't matter though. I'm sure they will know by tomorrow.

I get put into a car and then driven to jail. I look at my feet the whole drive. I can't believe I got so weak.

-Time skip-Maribel pov-

The girls are making sure the school stays unaware. We just want to be able to get everything in order first. I pull into my destination and stop. I get out of my car and walk into the place.

There's so many busy people around. I find where I need to go and start on my way. I walk to the room and knock. I hear a mumble and go inside the room.

"Hey?" Frank looks at me confused as I walk to the chair beside his bed "What's wrong?"

"I failed" I sit down and let the tears slowly fall "She snorted three lines in the library...She's  been put in jail"

He sighs "It isn't your fault" He looks directly at me "I do have one question though...how often is she alone?"

"How often?" I try to recall how often she is with us or someone and frown "Most of the time"