beomgyu then saw the heaps and stacks of paperwork that must be done.

"after you get married with jiwon, you will be the ceo of the company." he remembered his father's words. problem is, he doesn't want to marry jiwon,

"i fucking hate my life! can't i just live normally like a fucking 18 year old?" he groaned slamming both his fists on the table again. "hey what the hell are you doing?" ryujin sighed as she entered beomgyu's work room.

"i'm... i just have a lot of things in mind right now.." beomgyu exclaimed, anger dying down as he saw the girl. sighing, ryujin walked over to the boy and dragged him to sit on the couch with her.

"gyu, i know," she started, placing the boy's head on her shoulder. "but don't worry. i'll help you get through this all." she said reassuringly. beomgyu nodded and shut his eyes tight.

"ryu, i want you to meet my family." he said finally after a couple minutes of silence.

hearing this, ryujin's ryes widened in shock, "you what?! won't they try to separate us? wouldn't they be angry? i mean you do have a fiancé that is not me." she said, bitterly in her last sentence.

giggling, beomgyu removed his head from her shoulder to look at the girl properly, "my father is not a bad man, ryujin-ah. he just... wants the best for me. i mean, i did say i didn't have a girlfriend that time, that's why he asked me to marry jiwon nuna." he explained.

"maybe if i introduce you to them properly as my girlfriend, they'll accept you. after all, my mom is very excited to meet you." he finished, looking at ryujin with hopeful eyes. the girl stared at him for a while before saying, "is this the only way?" she asked.

the boy nodded, "sadly. my father is a very powerful man. what he wants, he gets. and maybe if we tell him about daejung—"

"what!? have you gone insane? tell your dad, about our son?? won't he be furious? won't he find it weird? i mean we aren't married and daejung is clearly older than the day he asked you to marry jiwon. what if he gets the wrong idea? what if he thinks you were lying? what if—"

ryujin was then interrupted by a peck on her lips, "sssh.. don't overthink, pumpkin." beomgyu giggled. "i know him. he isn't a bad man." beomgyu confessed.

"i..."
"oh alright..." she said at last.

"perfect. we'll meet him tomorrow, dress nicely, and be yourself. my father hates fake bitches." beomgyu chuckled. rolling her eyes, ryujin nodded, "0kay. whatever you say."

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

"son, why did you want to meet us?" mr choi asked, looking at his son with brows raised. "dad about the marriage—"

"no, beomgyu. how many times do i have to tell you that we need you to get married because if you don't, we won't have any descendants to continue the company." mr choi said, interrupting the boy. "besides, joining the choi and park companies can make us bigger than the byun company, taking their place as asia's biggest industry!" he continued.

"but dad... i don't love jiwon, i... i actually... have a girlfriend." beomgyu said finally after a couple moments of hesitating.