02 | amethyst eyes

Start from the beginning

Looking at her question, he was stuck on what he should reply with.

'I'm not late though, but I need to pretend I am!'

"I..." Oikawa thought of an excuse as he uttered a somewhat believable lie. "I slept in so I was late. . ."

"Oh, I just walking towards your house," When his supposed girlfriend said this he wanted to scream at the world.

'WE ARE STRANGERS YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE I LIVE!!!'

The brunette was really frustrated at this point.

"Ahem, who are you?"

The setter's attention went to the ugly guy who was watching their great performance. No one could find a flaw in them because they were just too great of actors.

"Me?" Oikawa was too much into his act that he unconsciously held the girl's hand as he removed the earphones.

"I'm her boyfriend," He replied.

"You saying this babe here's your girlfriend?"

Oikawa didn't know why he felt annoyed when the blonde in front of him called his 'girlfriend' babe.

'It's definitely because I'm pretending to be her boyfriend that I feel like this,' He inwardly nodded to himself. 'Yeah, a boyfriend who is now jealous because another guy called his girl babe,'

'I'm such a great actor, if I wasn't a volleyball player I would've been an actor instead, I mean look at these dashing looks of mine coupled with my acting skills, oscar here I come!'

After his inner monologue with himself, he loosed the grip he had on the female's hand and moved forward towards the guy as he glared at him.

"Babe?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah I mean come on," The blonde smirked, "She is one, just look at her — "

But before he could complete the sentence, the guy was punched in the face.

Oikawa didn't know what came into him but he punched the guy, did he feel good or satisfied?

No, of course not, he felt bad for the guy he punched.

'And I lied,'

He ignored his throbbing fist as he grabbed the guy's shirt in his hands in a threatening way.

"Listen here, you little shit." 

The brunette closed the distance between them as his eyes glared at the face in front of it.

"She is my girlfriend so if I ever see you hitting on her I'll make sure you'll regret the day you were born."

Oikawa inwardly grinned when he saw the scared look on the other guy's face.

"Did I make myself clear?"

The guy who Oikawa was holding furiously nodded but the brunette had no intentions of letting the guy go away so easily after all a 'no.' means 'no.' It doesn't mean anything else.

Yet this guy didn't seem to understand such easy things and insisted on his way towards his 'girlfriend' who had rejected him.

"I didn't hear it quite right?" He leaned towards the guy, his eyes glaring holes at him.

"y-yes!" 

"Now, get lost." Oikawa threw the guy he was holding on the ground. the guy took the hint and bolted the moment he was out of the grasp of the demon who kept glaring at him, the demon whose brown eyes would haunt him forever.