Chapter 6- The Nursery

Start from the beginning

"That's right, now who is that man right there?" Steve asked pointing to Bucky. Alice smiled widely and pointed to Bucky.

"That daddy." Alice said giggling. Bucky took Alice and tickled her a little bit. 

"That's right, now daddy and your uncles and aunties have to do big girl things." Bucky said bringing Alice back to the living room. He then turned the television on, putting on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Bucky then crouched down to Alice's height.

"Now that room is off limits, that means you can't go in there. If you don't listen you will be in trouble and that's not good. Do you understand what i'm saying?" Bucky said in an authoritative tone. Alice nodded and started to watch the show and play with her toys. Bucky stood up and smiled as he watched his daughter behave. He walked back to the others and helped them open the paint. They each had a specific thing to paint. Bucky was going to paint the door and the closet blinds. Tony, Steve, Natasha and Wanda were each going to paint a wall. Bucky opened the paints cans and the group got to work. Bucky took off the door and placed it in the middle of the room and started to paint it. Wanda and Nat have already started to paint, Wanda using her powers to help paint her wall. Steve and Tony were in the middle of an argument about who painted which wall. Steve the decided to let Tony win this and began to paint the remaining wall. After an hour and a half or so Alice had grown bored of playing with her toys and watching the television. She cleaned up her mess and crawled her way to her room. She sat at the entrance of the door and watched the older people paint the walls and doors. Out of the corner of his eyes Bucky saw Alice by the door.

"You know you're not supposed to be in here Alice Marie, go watch T.V.. You're going to end up in time out." Bucky said. Alice just sat there for a few moments before speaking up.

"No, I wanna stay here." Alice whined. Bucky then got up and took Alice by the hand putting her in a living room corner. 

"You are gonna stay here for a quick minute, when I say something you should do it." Bucky said in a disapproving tone of Alice's behaviour. He then took a seat on the couch, one reason to watch Alice since this was her first time out and she didn't completely understand the rules, the other reason was that he was waiting for the doors to dry so he can flip them on the other side to paint. Alice began to cry and began to kick the wall. After a few moments Alice grabbed a toy and began to play with it. Bucky was quick to take the toy away.

"No, you don't get toys when you're in timeout." Bucky said as he turned Alice around so she was facing the wall. Alice then began to cry again. Bucky just sat there and listened the his little ones cries. After a full minute, Bucky turned Alice around so she was facing him.

"You remember why you are in here?" Bucky asked the infant. Alice shook her head and looked up at her new father with irresistible puppy dog eyes.

"You didn't listen to what daddy said. I said you weren't allowed to go by your new room, but you did it anyway and were talking back. That wasn't very nice, I want you to say you're sorry and give me a hug and a kiss." Bucky explained and helped Alice stand up.

"I sowwy daddy" Alice said as she kissed Bucky on the cheek and hugged him. Bucky then picked her up and brought her to the kitchen and opened the fridge.

"Baloney and cheese?" Bucky asked, Alice nodded and grabbed the baloney and cheese. Bucky smiled and placed Alice on the counter. He then took out a plastic bowl. 

"Pick a snack while dada makes your sandwich." Bucky said as he started making the sandwich. Alice looked through her snack bin and pulled out Trix cereal, her favorite. Once Bucky finished the sandwich he poured the cereal in the bowl and picked Alice up. He walked into the living room and sat her down on a smaller baby seat. He placed her lunch on the tray and kisses her temple.

"Daddy's gonna finish up painting, lemme know when you're done and you want out okay." Bucky said and walked back into Alice's room and started to paint the other side of the doors. The others started on the second coat of paint, Wanda using her powers to help, her wall was already painted and dry so she started drawing ocean animals and started to paint those in. In the living room Alice ate her sandwich and started eating her cereal. After a couple hours the room was done, furniture and everything. Wanda used her powers to place the furniture and put together the crib. Bucky had just placed the bedsheets on the crib when he realized Alice never called him to take her out of the baby seat. He walked out to find everyone gone except Steve, who was holding a sleeping Alice. The entire living area was spotless. Steve got up and bounced Alice a little incase she started to whine. 

"She was asleep in her chair, the others thought it'd be nice to clean up a little bit. Since with Alice you can't really clean." Steve said as he handed Alice to Bucky. Bucky cradled her and rocked her slowly.

"Yea, I didn't think it would be this hard, I thought I would have time to do a little bit of everything." Bucky said moving a tiny hair for Alice's face.

"You know Buck, if you need help all you have to do is ask." Steve said as he put a hand on Bucky's shoulder. Bucky nodded and Steve exited the home. Bucky sighed and gave Alice a kiss on the forehead. He brought her over to her new room and placed her in the crib, covering her with the blankets and laying her sheep plush next to her.

"Sleep tight baby doll, see you when you wake up"