Chapter One

It was a cool day for a summer, then again, England itself tended to have cooler days compared to most countries. Even though it was a cool day it was still beautiful nonetheless. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, the sun shining bright and high. Two boys were currently deep in the woods, looking up at an old, semi-rundown house. One with vigor and excitement, the other with slight nervousness. The one full of excitement had a head full of blond hair and braces, lips stretched wide. The other was shorter, his hair brown and slightly untamed, a bee backpack slung on his back. "Just think of it Tubbo, the entire house to ourselves this whole summer!" The blond looks down to the shorter boy. Tubbo looks around at all the boxes littered around their feet and behind them that the blond's uncle has helped bring over for them before shortly leaving.

    "We have a lot of unpacking to do Tommy, and this place looks a little rundown." Tommy nods, taking a few steps to the door while pulling out the key and unlocking it.

    "It isn't that bad Tubbo! The house was on the market for a while according to the realtor. Uncle won't tell me why though." He shrugs as he steps into the house, Tubbo stepping in behind him. The entrance leads to a front froyar, leading to no room in particular. Tommy takes a left into the kitchen while Tubbo takes a right into the living room, both of them choosing to ignore the stairs to the second floor for now. Tubbo walks up to the fireplace and drags a finger across the mantle, making a face when he sees all the dust that sits on it and the clean line on the mantle. He turns to look at the couch and other furniture to see them covered with sheets to keep the dust off of them. He purses his lips before hitting his hands together to get the dust off of his finger and meeting Tommy in the kitchen.

    Tommy turns slightly when he hears movement at the kitchen entrance and smiles at Tubbo. "We are definitely going to need to go shopping." Tubbo nods his head.

    "And dust. This place is a mess." Tommy looks at the kitchen counters, seeing the layer of dust. He nods in agreement before smirking at Tubbo. "Last one up the stairs is a rotten egg!" He quickly shouts before bolting past the other boy, shoving him playfully as he passes. Tubbo gasps.

    "No fair! You got a head start!" Tubbo quickly calls back before rushing up the stairs behind Tommy, trying to catch up. This proved to be useless as Tommy was basically already at the top since he used his height to his advantage and skipped stairs to reach the top. Tubbo frowns as Tommy laughs, leaning against the banister.

    "Tubboooooo, you're so slow!" The smaller boy throws his arms up.

    "It's not my fault you're a giant!" This only makes the blond laugh even harder, hitting his thigh as he didn't have a desk or table to hit instead. A sudden creek echoes through the house though causing the two teens to pause. The glance at each other before looking up from where the creek was. "You heard that too?" Tubbo asks nervously and Tommy nods.

    "What if there is a homeless guy in the attic?" Tubbo snorts and Tommy looks at him with a face of offense. "What?! No one has lived here for years! There very well could be!" Tubbo shakes his head as he walks over to the dangling string in the middle of the hallway, reaching up and grabbing the end of it, pulling it down to reveal a set of stairs. He lets the stairs softly hit the floor before looking at Tommy. "Why are you suddenly the brave one of the friendship?" Tubbo shrugs.

    "I feel like we're on an adventure! Like there's a great mystery behind this house or something!" He quickly turns, venturing up the stairs. His eyes widen as he takes a look at all the old boxes and items in the attic. "Woah! The old owner's stuff is in here!" Thuds are quickly heard as Tommy shoots up the attic steps.

    "Really?" He exclaims in excitement. The two boys look at all the boxes before looking at each other.

    "Should we go through these? I mean, it's somebody else's stuff..." Tubbo questions quietly. Tommy pauses, looking around at everything and then shakes his head.