CHAPTER FIVE; new passengers

~Y/N's POV~

The four of us sat in our compartment talking about our summers when the trolley witch came by.

"Anything from the trolley dears?"

The twins said no, so did Lee. But I obviously didn't care.

"Uh. Four chocolate frogs, a pack of burtie botts, two pumpkin pasties, a liquorice wand and a pack of Jelly slugs." I ask and pass the witch 5 galleons 3 sickles and 1 Knut.

The boys stared at me with wide eyes. They should've known I would've bought them stuff whether they wanted me to or not.

I toss the Jelly slugs and a frog to George, who catches them and frowns, the liquorice wand and another frog Lee, who thanks me and immediately starts to open his frog.

I pass Fred a frog and one of the pumpkin pasties and the beans are for us to share.

"Y/N, we..." Fred begins.

"You guys know, you don't have to pay me back." I cut him off.

"But we..." George stutters. I roll my eyes and ignore the boy.

"Oh, it's getting dark. We better get changed into our-" I stop when the train did and the lights began to flicker.

"We can't be there already, can we?" Lee asks.

I shake my head. "Look, you can only see trees and hills out the—something just moved!" I shriek.

"Y/N, it's probably just-" Fred says until the train shakes causing him to stop. Now he looks scared too.

"Something's getting on the train..." Lee mutters.

We all sit silently for a few minutes.

"You know what, I'm going to go see what's happening." I say getting up and poking my head into the corridor. I see the train carriage's door open and a tall, black, shadowy creature floats in, checking the compartments.

"Shit!" I quickly close the door and sit down, much closer to Fred this time. "Dementors..." I tell the boys.

"The Azkaban guards? What're they doing on the train?" George asks

"They're probably-" Lee starts but I finish his sentence.

"Looking for Sirius Black...I know." I sigh, moving closer to Fred as he puts a comforting arm around my shoulder.

The compartment door shoots open and a younger boy runs into our compartment, he trips on Fred's legs and falls to the ground. The boy scowls.

"Malfoy?" I hiss

"Black." He says with a slight waver in his voice.

"Awww, did wittle Dwaco get scawwed?" George teased

"Oh shut up, Weasel!" Malfoy whispers, trying to sound fierce, but fails. He looks very embarrassed and just terrified.

The compartment door opens again, much slower this time, and a dementor creeps in.

The whole room went cold and I felt as if I would never be happy again.

Then, all my sad memories come flooding into my head, taking over my thoughts.

When my dad was taken to Azkaban. His screams that were so loud, our muggle neighbours were concerned. He tried to pull away from the Aurors to get to me, but they stunned him and he collapsed.

When I fell of my broom during my first Quidditch match and broke my arm.

Failing potions in my first year.