Not Alone: 9

| Author's Note |

Sorry this is at the beginning, but I just wanted to say that this chapter is going to be a little confusing...

😉 Bean

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

Elizabeth's POV

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

Ok. So I guess this 'Thomas' guy was going to suck my blood?

I can handle it. The chains are broken. (Which I don't know if Anais and Thomas noticed, which helps the situation.) I'm a brave person. Well, ok that's not true.

I'm a brave person when it comes to people, humans. I'm not a brave person when it comes to vampires. The wired thing was, he didn't smell like a vampire.

"Woah, woah, woah there Thomas." He stops with a confused look on his face. He turns to look as Anais and she shrugs, confused too.

"How come..." My voice shakes because I'm nervous. I don't know what to do. "How come you don't smell like a vampire?"

They begin to laugh.

Is this some kind of big joke? Wait. If it is then I just revealed myself believing in vampires.

They take notice in my confused face and Thomas leans over me. I get kind of uncomfortable because a 20 year old man is leaning over me.

"Haven't you ever smelled a dewlernè?"

Oh my god. That's why it smelled so familiar. A dewlernè. My grandfather told me of them a million times and I have met many members of them. Including fucking Hannah Gobner and that creepy man that I... I killed.

Let's change the subject back to where we were.

I just didn't know they had a certain weird smell...

"Alright. Yeah. I'm pretty sure people don't just walk around smelling people..."

They both smirk and I'm still on the verge of pissing my pants. They're laughing and I'm gonna die. I don't know what to do. So I just stand up and wait for their reaction. None.

Hmm. I decide to keep moving since they still don't seem to notice my movements. Once I reach the door, I yank on it. It doesn't budge. So I push on it. Still, it doesn't move.

Crap. And I almost saved my life.

"You can't leave. The door does not open until an idiot dead vampire is present." Anais and Thomas smirk at the same time. An idea pops into the mind of a non-idiot vampire.

"It's too bad you told me that." I said. Before Thomas could move I kick him in the head. He hits the wall with a thud, but I know I don't have much time.

Anais looks at me, her red eyes boring into me. I can feel a stinging in my mouth. My teeth aching.

"Wh-what are-" I cough, pain shooting my throat. "you- ohmygod-" It feels like my mouth is filling with blood. Normally I would enjoy this, the blood, except my teeth can't do anything. They are numb. I finally finish my sentence, "doing?"

"I have a power bestowed on me, being the creator of dewlernè..." Her arms tense and my throat closes in. I can't breathe and I feel my lungs compressing into my body. Her arm loosens and I fall to the ground gasping for air. "First the smallest amount of pain. I start at the teeth. Then I work my way to your throat. Once both are broken, I snap you precious heart and lungs to pieces."

Still coughing I manage to get a word out. "Stop." Who says stop? God if I could think straighter I probably would have said something smart...

Anais laughs for the umteenth time and I lay my head on the floor. My eyes fill with tears and they stay there.

She looks at me and smiles, "your dead."

The door swings open and a man is flown into the room. His neck bleeding rapidly.

"God Mason! You could have just opened the door. Was that really necessary?" A familiar voice says as three figures enter the room.

"What the? Liz! Couldn't you have been more organized with your actions? That guy cracked the wall!" Anais backs up.

I have no idea what happened after that, because a sharp pain fills my arm and I pass out, again.

***

"Haha, no."

"C'mon guys. That was funny."

"Shut up."

Ok. So I pass out and they tell jokes? Am I dead and this is some sort of punishment? I'm stuck with these images of Vivian, Quinn, and Mason for the rest of my life?

"LIZ! YOUR AWAKE, YOU TOOK SO LONG!" Viv screams in my ear and hits my arm, which happens to be numb.

Ok so I'm not dead, but I am being punished.

I open my eyes to see more people than I thought. Of course there's Viv, Quinn, and Mason. The other people are Elena, Sam, Kado, Oliver, Leo, and Justin.

Why did they all have to happen to see me sleeping? I don't know.

"Morning." Justin, Oliver, Kado, and Leo say all at once.

Morning?

I rub my arm, the stinging pain from when I passed out coming back.

"How long have I been out?"

"Two days." Leo responds.

Holy crap! Two days? First question that runs through my head: "Did I eat? Or am I going to have to empty Chick-fil-a?"

I couldn't mention feeding because there were six humans around that probably don't know vampires exist.

Mason laughs while he drives. I look around the van. It's one of those murderer vans. With no seats in the back.

Kado and Oliver awkwardly sit next to Leo and Justin. Across them sits Sam. I'm laying on the backdoor and Viv sits next to me smiling like a weirdo.

Quinn's in the front seat looking at her phone. Her earbuds are connected and she lightly nods her head.

Mason is obviously driving.

I sit up and run my fave lightly and feel drool and my face turns red. After I get the sticky gross mucus off of my face, I comb my fingers through my hair.

"I'm gonna take that as a no." I point to Mason. "You're driving to Chick-fil-a now."

Justin scoots closer to me. His arms wrap around my waist and my head goes into his neck.

"You're so cute while you sleep." He whispers into my ear and I smile.

"Get a room." Kado says.

I stick my tongue out at him and crawl over to sit next to Sam.

"Stop moving back there! I'm gonna be in so much trouble." Mason says.

The car all of a sudden jerks to a stop and we all tumble to the front of the car. Kado on top of me. He smiles and I smirk.

"Shit." Mason mumbles. "Hide!" He whispers quickly to the back. I jump under a blanket and a few other people do too. The door opens. "ID please."

It sounds too familiar.