CHAPTER TWO; the leaky cauldron

Four Years Later

~Y/N's POV~

I wandered around Diagon Alley, bored out of my mind. I already went to Florish and Blotts for my school books, Madam Malkin's for my robes, and Quality Quidditch Supplies for new chaser gloves.

I was waiting for the Weasleys to arrive. After all, I haven't seen my best friends in months now. Fred and George said they'd be coming to the Leaky Cauldron after their family trip to Egypt, where they visited Bill. They said they'd be here today, then again, the twins also said that they were better at Quidditch than me. Which is a lie.

I finally decided to go to Florean Fortescue's ice-cream parlour to pass the time. As I walked in the door of the small shop, I noticed someone I knew, finally.

"Harry!" I smile and walk towards the dark haired 13 year old. His head shot up and he looked around concerned until he saw me. His facial expression softened.

"Oh, hey Y/N!" He returns the smile.

"You ready for your third year at Hogwarts?" I ask as I take a seat next to him.

Harry just sighs, "yeah, I guess. The past two years have been a mess, so hopefully it'll be more...quiet."

"Oh, you'll be fine. I have to do OWLs this year!" I complain, Harry laughs.

"Hermione is EXITED for them! I have no clue why."

"Yeah, that sounds like Hermione." I smile, thinking about our friend before I ask a question. "Hey, you haven't seen George, Fred, or any of the Weasleys around have you? I've been looking all day."

The boy looks at me puzzled. "I thought they were in Egypt?"

"They said they'd be here today."

"Brilliant! I need to talk to Ron about something anyway." Harry smiled, finishing his ice-cream.

"You want to go get a butterbeer from the Leaky Cauldron?" I ask, Harry frowns at me.

"You didn't get any-"

"Who cares." I cut him off, "I'll get some ice-cream next time. I was just looking for something to do."

"Well sure then."

We sat down at a table in the far corner with our butterbeers. I asked Harry why he was in Diagon Alley in the first place. Apparently he blew up his aunt because she was badmouthing his parents. I couldn't contain my laughter, while Harry looked extremely embarrassed. I told him about one time the twins and I 'accidentally' threw a rock through Snape's window in our second year, it didn't end well. At all. When we finished our butterbeers, Harry went up to his room while I stayed downstairs, reading a book on advanced potions, I wanted to learn to make Wolfsbane for Remus.

I got a sandwich for lunch and sat reading my book. A rat jumped onto my table, close behind it was a big, ginger cat. The cat chased the rat upstairs and I glances over at a man reading the Daily Prophet.

"Sirius Black Escapes Azkaban"

The headline read. It made me smile but also scared. I could be wrong, my father could be a murderer. I was then puzzled. How could he have escaped. No one had ever done it before, so how had my father done it?

I zoned back into reality and heard bickering between a boy and a girl.

"He's a cat Ronald. What would you expect?" The girl huffs "it's nature!"

"A CAT? Is that what they told you? It looks more like a pig with hair if you ask me." The boy snaps

"That's rich coming from the owner of THAT smelly old shoe brush!" The girl, I finally recognise as Hermione arguing with Ron, says back in a snarky tone. I snicker.