"She wanted to use you," I raised my voice slightly, "what else could I have done?"

Peter gave me a look full of wonder and amusement as he planted a quick kiss on my forehead. "Absolutely nothing. But answer me something, Hawthorne," he murmured, taking a strand of my hair between his intertwined fingertips.

"What?" I replied back, equally as soft.

His brunette locks tickled the side of my face as he leaned down closer to my ear. "Was I really worth fighting for?" He breathed, his hot breath fanning out on my cheek.

"I...," my voice came out faintly, like as if I was struggling to breathe. "I guess-"

"Get a room!" Someone shouted from across the perimeter of the camp. Laughter followed as all heads turned and eyes landed on us. And out of nowhere, my cheeks started blushing immensely. I pulled away from Peter, only to have his arm looped around me once again.

"This is our room, now get out before I stab each of you with nightshade," he shot back at the boys in a surprisingly joking tone.

"Wait! No, we weren't getting into anything," I assured with a weak smile, while in the back of my mind, I was giving Peter a hard-faced scowl. "I promise, those actions were going nowhere."

"Um," he cleared his throat, "yes they were."

"They were not," I stated with the same forced grin.

Peter rolled his eyes as a few Lost Boys laughed and nudged eachother in the shoulder when suddenly, a little familiar figure stepped out from the mass of boys.

Owen cleared his throat and beamed at me, his large round eyes gleamed brighter than ever. He toddled over to me and pulled on the bottom of my shirt, "the big Lost Boys told me that last night, you and Peter were playing doctor, is that true?"

I stared at the innocent child in shock as he eyed me back, smiling like as if he didn't understand the term "playing doctor." Yet, I kneeled down towards him and shook my head with a grin.

"No, we weren't," I laughed as Owen wrapped his small hands around my fingers. "We were just battling an ostrich."

As soon as I said "ostrich," Owen's eyes widened in bewilderment. He gasped and he spun his head around to face the Lost Boys and Peter. "Did you hear that?" He burst out, "they fought an ostrich!"

"An ostrich?" Jonah, who had just recently appeared, responded with the same enthusiasm. His dark shaggy hair covered his eyes as he smirked at me, "Is that a code word for having s-"

"Not here, Jonah!" I screeched and covered little Owen's ears just in time. My cheeks reddened as Peter laughed in the corner of my eye and judging by his sly smirk, he was thinking inappropiate thoughts.

"Amber," Peter grinned a devilishly handsome smile. "Come on, let's go fetch some firewood."

I hesitated, looking between the Lost Boys and Owen. Quite the age difference... they better not fill his young mind with the talk of teenage boys. Although, who knows what they might be.

Finally, I huffed a sigh. "Fine," I stood up, smiling down at Owen. "And take care of him, will you?"

"Sure thing, Queen Amber," Jonah faked a bow before giving a joking smile. "Let's go Owen." And promptly, the two walked away and were barely out of earshot until I heard Owen turn to him and ask, "how are babies made?"

"Well, Owen," Jonah turned to him slowly. "If a woman and a man love each other very very very much, they will battle an ostrich."

"An ostrich? Really?" Owen exclaimed, before turning a corner with Jonah and disappearing out of sight.

When the two were officially gone, Peter leaned down to me and whispered softly in my ear. "Tonight, we could battle an ostrich, if you know what I mean," he grinned a mischievous smile as my jaw dropped in shock.

"Peter Pan, are you hinting that you want to get with me?"

"Well, I'm not denying it," he replied back and raised an eyebrow.

I turned to him and tried my very best not to smile in his presence, although it had nearly worked until my mind had snapped back to reality. "Firewood!" I shouted, almost a little too loudly so that the Lost Boys could hear. "Oh yes, I forgot. We were going to gather firewood, right Peter?"

His face had a labeled on signature smirk as he rolled his eyes in amusement. "Right, firewood. Come on, Amber, it's not going to go fetch itself."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This story is so close to 5k, I can nearly taste it.

It'll taste like a moist chocolate cake, the icing is fluffy and not too sugary, while fresh and sweet strawberries are placed delicately around its chocolaty center.

And all my readers are the wonderful ingredients that contributes to that wonderful treat. Thanks for the support, comment, follow, and vote.

Once again, thanks for reading!

~Katie P.N.