Chap 6 "Ten Years Later"

Hondo's POV

Ten years passed by so quickly. Next thing I knew, I was redecorating Kailee's bedroom. I finally got her bed made and put the final touches on her chandelier. "It's all done, Kai," I sighed as I stepped down off the step stool. "Do you want anything else for your bedroom?"

"I think that's it, Daddy," Kailee smiled. My phone beeped and I looked at it. "Daddy's gotta go to work?"

"No," I nodded. "Daddy's gonna go to bed."

"Which is what you should do as well, young lady," Vee stated from the door.

"But mom," Kailee whined.

"You have school tomorrow," Vee replied. "If you didn't, I would let you stay up. Besides, you have a game tomorrow night. You can stay up late tomorrow.""

"Okay," Kailee sighed as she got in bed. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, sweetie," Vee smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too," Kailee replied.

"Goodnight," I smiled. We walked out and closed the door behind us. Vee and I got into bed and turned on one of the lamps. "Are you sure you don't want another kid?"

"Yeah," Vee nodded. "Kailee is enough. If we wanted kids, we should've had one when she was seven." She laid down. "I don't know about you, but I think having one kid is enough. Even if she isn't your biological daughter, she loves you, and you love her."

"I know, but she's getting older, and in a few years she'll be out of the house," I sighed. "Let's just go to bed." We laid down and tried to get some sleep. I woke up out of a dead sleep. Vee was sleeping peacefully next to me. "It was only a dream." Vee slowly opened her eyes and looked at me. "Go back to bed."

"Are you okay?" Vee asked.

"I had a nightmare," I sighed. She got out of bed. "Where ar eyou going?"

"Bathroom," Vee pointed. "I'l be right back." She used the bathroom and got back in bed. "Do you wanna talk about your nightmare?"

"Yeah," I nodded. She turned on the lamp and looked at me. "I woke up and you were gone. You took Kailee and left." She nodded. "Worst part was, you left me for Street."

"Now that's funny," Vee replied. "Street and I aren't even in the same league."

"I was shocked and horrified. You even joined the FBI."

"At least that was one good thing in your dream."

"That was the part I was most happy for."

"Well, you don't have to worry," Vee replied as she gave me a kiss. "I'm with you for the long run. It's been thirteen years."

"Good to know," I smiled. I gave Vee the day off to relax. I asked Ma to pick up Kailee after her game for the night. As night fell, my phone started ringing. I picked up. "Hey, baby. I'm almost done."

"Hondo," Vee stated.

"Baby?" I asked.

"Hondo, I was at a club with some friends," Vee replied. "I was having a drink. I think the guy I sat next to put something in it."

"Get somewhere safe," I stated as I grabbed my keys.

"He's coming!" Vee exclaimed.

"What club are you at?" I asked.

"The Oyster's Pearl," Vee replied.

"I'm on my way," I replied. The call disconnected. "No, no, no." I ran past my team, but Deacon stopped me. "Deac, I gotta go. Vee's in trouble."