Chapter Sixteen; Family

Baine

It had been a few months since our fight with the rouge alpha. Since then, I told Rose my full past and we had become so much closer. I marked her and we have been the happiest we have ever been! Star has been growing so fast and she can now say momma, daddy, and food. It was funny watching her drag this big teddy bear around while she sucks on her thumb and runs to me every time I get off work or when she wants something from Rose.

Our life has been so peaceful and happy that she has even agreed to move back with me to my pack! We are going to start packing up everything and hopefully be moved by the end of the month. Our packs have started getting along so well I've offered them all to move onto my land since there is so much room, but they said they are happy where they are at. I respect that though, I wouldn't want to leave the land I grew up on either. With everything working out perfectly, I've had so much time on my hands I don't know what to do with myself!

Carefully picking Star up, I carry her to her room and gently place her in her crib. She wiggles around at the loss of body heat until the finds her teddy bear and cuddles up with it. I gently tuck her in and kiss her forehead softly, quietly turning to walk out. Just as I get to the door, I clumsily step on one of her singing dolls and Star wakes up, screaming from her crib. Hanging my head, I walk back over and pick her up. I hold her close as she lays her head on my shoulder and I gently rock her and bounce her softly.

"Is she still awake? Its almost three in the morning." Rose says as she quietly comes up beside my and kisses Stars head.

"Can you do your trick? She doesn't wanna sleep, all she wants is for me to hold her all night long." I say as I admit defeat.

"Yeah, give her here." Rose says laughing as she gently cradles Star.

"My poor baby isn't feeling good, poor baby. Let's get some sleep my dearest Star."

I watched as Rose cradled our sweet baby girl and laid her gently in her crib. She began to sing a lullaby and made wind and fire combine to make a beautiful scene that changed as her song did. Star began to slowly drift to sleep, tightly cuddling up with her teddy bear and sucking on her little thumb. As the song stopped and Star fell asleep, the fire vanished and Rose guided me quietly out of the room, grabbing the baby monitor on the way out.

Once we were in our room she kissed me and went to change, leaving me to get ready for bed as well. Once we were ready, we crawled into bed and she curled up next to me, laying her head on my chest while I wrap my arms around her. I played with her hair as she quietly fell into a deep sleep, smiling when I hear her bath steady. I kiss her head and relax, drifting off to sleep with a smile knowing this will be the rest of my life.

________________________________________________________

A/N:

Hey guys and gals!! How is everyone?? Sorry for the short chapter. A lot has been going on and I wasn't able to focus on writing. Hope you all loved the book!! I may make a sequel, whatcha think?? Let me know in the comments!! Love y'all!! (: