"Fighting Evil Is Fun!"

Začít od začátku

"Shut up, Ronald," she hissed to her right.

"Oh, you are all lovely!" cried Professor Bluebell. She smiled at Ron. "Such a melodious laugh you have, my dear boy, and your hair is a summer sunset!" Ron's laugh cut off as if he'd been choked.

Hermione settled back into her beanbag, stretching out her legs. The bags were pushed close together and she resisted the urge to pull out her wand and lengthen her pleated uniform skirt. Ron was lazily eyeing her legs with a faint smile, a light flush mottling his face and neck, his hand inches from her thigh. If he touches me, I'll hex him.

"Marigold—Headmistress McGonagall—has been so kind to invite me to teach Advanced Defense Against the Dark Arts this year," Bluebell continued. "I am so honored! My philosophy of defense is quite simple and can be summed up in a single phrase."

She waved her hand at the chalkboard and pink letters appeared: Defense Against the Dark Arts—Fighting Evil Is Fun!

"I know you all have a bit of experience battling dark magic—well done! Marigold has asked me to—yes dear, you have a question? Already? Dear girl, you don't have to raise your hand!"

Hermione brought her hand down and tried not to glare. Apparently all her classes this year would be anarchy. "Yes, Professor—"

"Bluebell, please!"

"Yes, Bluebell—um, who is Marigold again?"

"Why Headmistress McGonagall, of course!"

"But the Headmistress' first name is Minerva," Ernie said.

"Ah yes," Bluebell nodded. "But your lovely Headmistress is a Friend of the Fairies, dear boy."

"Friend of the Fairies?" Hermione repeated.

"Oh yes," Luna said dreamily. "I could see it in First Year. She has the Ring of Posies over her head."

Ron's hand moved closer to Hermione's thigh, prompting her to move away and bump into Malfoy's arm on the other side. Must these beanbags be so close? She shifted back again, glancing at Malfoy, whose eyes were like chipped ice. Warm sunshine ... expensive cologne ... Hermione cleared her throat and glowered at her teacher.

"Yes, indeed, my Moon Girl," Bluebell was chirping. "Marigold is a beautiful spirit and sweet as morning dew." There was a brief silence as the entire class goggled at her. "Now, your first assignment," the fairy continued. She waved a hand and rolled parchments appeared on everyone's laps.

"I want you all to think of love," she went on. "The love of family, of friends, of places and things, and yes, romantic love." Lavender, seated opposite Hermione, looked down and blushed. "In that spirit, I would like you all to write of love. You each have a name on your scroll—write down three things you love about that person, and he or she, in turn, will write something they love about you. Luna dear, we shall write about each other."

Hermione opened her scroll and nearly fainted from relief at the name: "Lavender Brown."

Ron jumped up. "What! You must be mental!" he shouted, waving his parchment, which clearly bore the name "Draco Malfoy."

Hermione choked, giggles escaping from her throat. Ron looked ready to leap over the nearest daisy and out the window. She stole another glance at Malfoy, whose face was expressionless.

"Now, now, dear," Bluebell said, coaxing Ron back into his beanbag. "Every person has lovable qualities. Would you like me to help you? Tell me, what of Mr. Malfoy's smile? I'm sure he has a very nice smile, although I have not yet seen it ... Have you two ever had a quiet talk about ..."