Welcome to the Gang [2]

Start from the beginning

Sal took this moment to mention the idea of inviting you to hang out with them more often, "Yeah Y/N, you seem really cool, we wouldn't mind you hanging out with us more often from now on. We can show you around and tell you everything you need to know about this place....", his voice trailed off, the eyes behind the mask glancing at Larry who returned the glance, clearing his throat. A confused expression on your face now, you wondered what they meant by everything you needed to know about this place, but you just assumed this building had rats or something.

"I'd really love that, guys. Yknow, I thought I wouldn't be making friends any time soon, but thanks to Sally, I have two now!", you remarked happily, pulling up your knee high socks that were drooping down slightly. "Thanks, Sallyface.", you spoke softly, placing a hand on his knee and offering him a kind smile, before moving your hand away to lift yourself up from off the floor. Although the physical contact of your hand on his knee was incredibly brief, he blushed under his mask and began to nervously run his hands through his left pigtail, not really expecting you to give him such a sincere thank you, "O-of course, Y/N, anytime. That's what friends do, right?".

Larry and you began to talk once again about your favorite bands, making jokes about how shitty some albums were, and freaking out about how incredible other albums were. After a bit more band talk, you remembered that you had told your mom you'd be quick, and it's been over 45 minutes since you left your apartment. Even though you really didn't want to leave, you knew you had to, so you cleared your throat and announced to your new friends, "Hey guys, I had a really nice time hanging out but I should get going for now. My moms waiting for me upstairs."

They were both obviously bummed out you had to leave so soon, but still offered to walk you up to your apartment. "Are you sure guys? I don't want to be any trouble, I'm fine going myself." Larry placed a hand on your head, ruffling your hair playfully, he was a lot taller than you, your head only reached to about his shoulders, "Don't worry about it Y/N, it's only a few floor up. Not like we're doing anything anyways." Sal agreed with Larry, standing up from the bean bag chair to walk towards the both of you. Only just now did you realize you were slightly taller than Sally, you thought it was cute.

The three of you and your differing heights reminded you of those Russian dolls, making you laugh quietly to yourself. "Thanks for going out of your way for me guys, I'll make it up to you somehow." Off the three of you went, out of Larry's place and into the elevator, talking about random subjects like your favorite kinds of snacks after seeing the vending machine. The snack talk was cut short when the mechanical elevator doors opened, you had reached the fourth floor.

Sal was the first to walk out, followed by you and then Larry. "Which apartment is yours, Y/N....?" Sal asked, looking towards you, a hint of worry was present in his voice, why, you had no idea. "403, right here!", you responded, walking over to stand in front of your door. Only just now did Larry notice your Polaroid camera, you two were so submersed in music talk he didn't even see you holding it in your hands, "Oh, you should bring that next time we hang out! Right, Sallyface? Could come in handy...". Sal thought for a moment, trying to figure out what Larry meant before it hit him, "Oh yeah, do you mind, Y/N? We can even find some more film for you if needed.".

Unsure of why exactly they wanted you to bring your camera the next time you three hung out, you just assumed they wanted to mess around and take silly pictures of each other, which you were more than fine with, "Of course, no problem. So...see you guys tomorrow? How's 10AM sound?", you asked. "Sounds good." Larry replied, Sal nodding in agreement. "Well, alright guys. I guess I'll see you tomorrow then, don't flake out on me either. I'll be waiting here." Larry laughed and ruffled your head once again, "Desperate much?" he joked, making you playfully punch his shoulder as you blushed once again, "I like hanging out with you guys, so sue me.", you replied with a laugh.

Sal laughed too, seeing his two friends joke around made him happy. He never thought he'd be making friends so easily as he made friends with you. Larry said his goodbye before departing inside the elevator, leaving you and Sal alone in the hallway, and you took this opportunity to thank him for all that he had helped you out with. "Sal, uh, I wanted to tell you...", you paused momentary to adjust your hair that Larry had messed up, "thanks for everything, yknow, helping me with getting my camera, introducing me to Larry, and hanging out with me. It's only my first day here and I already feel so welcome."

He felt his chest tighten up a bit, when you spoke to him you looked him directly in the eyes, he couldn't help but admire how lovely your E/C eyes were, your curled, long dark eyelashes made you look so kind. Before he knew it, you had opened your arms and embraced him ever so gently in a friendly hug, making sure not to squeeze so tight, and making sure you didn't bump your arms into his mask, letting go shortly after."Bye, Sal!", you quickly said, giving him a small wave before opening the door to your apartment, walking inside and giving him a smile before gently shutting the door behind you.

All he could do was stare at your apartment number, 403, his mind felt blank yet so full of thoughts at the same time. His chest stopped feeling tight and now felt strange. "B-butterflies? When was the last time I ever felt those?", he thought to himself as he walked next door, his apartment, 402, opening the door. He took one last glance at your door before shutting his behind himself. He couldn't wait until tomorrow.