seventeen. | crowded

It was a new week, meaning another day of school.

Currently, I'm in English class, staring at Rantaro as he was taking notes. I just.. can't help it. I always get distracted, but.. I'm not complaining. If I get to look at his beautiful green hair or his green eyes whenever he looks at me, fuck my grades. He's way more important than school.

I sigh, my eyes still on Rantaro, until the teacher called my name.

"Shuichi Saihara," she says.

I look at her, "Y-Yes.. ma'am?" I ask, a bit shy. She gives me a stern look, omg what if she knows I wasn't-

"I want you to answer the question that's on the board," she said, her stupid stick pointing at the board. I look at the board, then answered, hoping my memory doesn't fail me.

She nodded, calling out another student, her stick aggressively being abused against the board.

"Pay attention to class! I already went over this a million times!" She yelled, her stick hitting the board again. I sigh, thank god I got it right, I thought, opening my book as the teacher still yelled at the student.

"But-"

"Ah ah ah! No but's! Pay. Attention. To. Class," she says, I can seriously feel her anger and impatience. I look up from my book, making eye contact with Rantaro. I hid my pink cheeks, making a look that represents, 'Do you know what's going on?'. He shrugs, going back to his notebook. I went back to 'reading', but really I wasn't, I was sneaking glances at Rantaro while he was looking at his notebook, careful though that no one notices.

In the end, the student got a lunch detention. I have no clue what was going on in that teacher's mind, but.. I can't really argue, I already have perfect attendance and no detentions or suspensions so far.

———

The bell rang. I got up, gathered my things and grabbed my backpack straps, heading to my next and final class of the day. The hallway was crowded, and I could hear them slowly chanting 'Fight! Fight! Fight!' Over and over.

I didn't pay much attention, trying to squeeze my way through the crowd to make it to class.

"OOOHHH!! CAT FIGHT CAT FIGHT!!" I heard someone shout as I made my way out of the crowd. I sigh, walking to class until I saw someone.

Oh! Rantaro! I thought. I took a closer look at him and he seemed.. worried. I must've acted weird, since he glanced at me then his eyes went wide, approaching me. Oh crap uhh-

"Shuichi! Have you seen Kaito?! He suddenly got into an argument with Kokichi and now I don't know where they both are!" Rantaro said frantically, obviously panicking and worried.

I stare for a second, then remembered something, the fight, I saw a glimpse of purple, but I mean, both of them have purple hair- omg.

"Um- yea.. it's uhh.. not.. looking good, though?" I said, pointing behind me, really trying not to say the word 'fight'. I have a feeling it'll trigger him since he's already that worried. Rantaro thanked me and hurriedly went the way I was pointing to, I made my way to my last class, opening the door to see no one was in there. I groaned, turning around to go to the garden, maybe, I don't want to be in a crowd, especially if it's a fight.

I made my way back to the same hallway, hearing yelling, shouting, and 'FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!' A lot. I wince, making my way to the school's garden.

I walk to the school's garden until I heard a conversation, I'm not the type to eavesdrop but.. I kinda also don't wanna ruin their conversation, they seem to.. enjoy each other, I guess.

"Oh, wow! Gundham, you have such adorable hamsters!" A girl's voice said. "Tch, they are my four Dark Devas of Destruction, hamsters are merely their temporary form," A male voice said, who I assume, is Gundham.

I walk away from the garden, now where am I supposed to go?! I thought, huffing and holding my notebooks as I walk back to the same hallway. The same yelling and shouting echoed through out the whole school, but it quickly died down after.. what I assume, is teachers finding out what had happened.

I stood by my locker, reading the last few pages of my novel, waiting until the whole fighting died down so I could go back to class, at least.

———

I walk home, holding a new novel and my notebooks in my backpack, sighing, I look up at the sky, which seems to be in a happy mood. The sun looks so.. optimistic and happy.. while I'm none of that. I stare back at the ground, lost in thought until someone embraced me from behind, making me snap out of my thoughts and flinch a bit.

He laughs, ruffling my hair and letting go, "Sorry, I just wanted to scare you again," Rantaro said, smiling and still laughing. I smile a bit, "No, it's fine, you did get me though," I say, staring into his green eyes, I could get lost in those eyes everyday.. I thought, until Rantaro began talking, making me snap out of my weird thoughts to listen to him.

"Well, I was wondering.. do you.. maybe wanna hang out this Saturday? We can meet at the same place again, I just.. feel really lonely sometimes.. but it's fine if you don't want to come!" Rantaro said, laughing off what he just said. Lonely? What does he mean by lonely? I thought. I showed a bit of concern to what Rantaro was saying, but he seems like he doesn't want to talk about, so I quickly change the subject.

"Sure, I don't have a lot of plans, when do you want to meet up?" I ask. He seems like he brighten up a bit from me agreeing, which brought a small smile to my face. "I was thinking 4:30? We could talk for hours!" He says, smiling.

I nodded, "That sounds good, see you tomorrow at school?" I say. He nodded, smiling, "See ya, Shuichi," he says, walking home. I smile a bit, walking home as well.

———
1.1k words
Hii!! How do you guys like this new chapter? I'm trying to improve my writing a bit lol, it just seems very boring and short. My server is also linked in my bio or check the chapter before sixteen! Take care! <3 - Laffy

pss.. I hate to say this but, we're getting close to the end. :(