Chapter 2

Elena's pov
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There he was, leaning in the doorway.

I know I hadn't seen my brother in a while but I definately knew him enough to tell when something bothered him.

I couldn't quite put my finger on it, so I just smiled, his lips pulled back into a corner smile then dropped back into place, the sparkle in his eyes was missing and his pupils dilated so wide you almost couldn't see the purple shade around them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is everything okay?" he didn't miss the sympathetic tone in my voice.
His eyes caught mine, his next words stunned me.
" pack your things, were leaving tonight"
he grabbed my suitcase and started shoving things into it, jumpers, jeans and t-shirts. He looked at my underwear draw then back at me.
"I'll let you do that part" 
I couldn't help but giggle, pushing him out of the room, I grabbed handfuls of bras and pants, socks and tights then zipped up the suitcase.
I opened my door and dragged the very full, very heavy suitcase to the top of the landing, I got to the first step and tripped on my own foot.
Kian rushed up from behind me, grabbing me by the waist as we watched the suitcase roll down the stairs.

His hands warm against my smooth skin, he sent soothing shivers up my spine, i turned towards him pulling myself closer to him. i put my face against his heaving chest, so steamy and muscley.

"that was a close one" Kian stated before pulling me away from the landing.
I looked up at him, our eyes locked.
" what's with all the rushing about anyway?" I had waited too long to ask that question, and even then I didn't get an answer.
Kian placed me back on my own two feet, studying me so I didn't fall again before sliding past me and down the stairs.

I heard him tell mum that everything was packed.
"I can sense that he is close, there will be no time for lunch, you have to go, take care of her and don't let her out of your sight, she's too smart for her own good" Kian took in mum's words before placing a kiss on her cheek and heading out of the front door to put my suitcase in the boot of his car.

I walked over to mum with my hands behind my back, tears filled my eyes, I didn't know what was going on but I had the feeling that this would be the last time I saw my mother.
I loved her dearly and I knew that there was a perfectly good reason for all of this.

" what's going on mum?" I asked between sobs.
" Kian will explain everything in good time my darling, know that I will always love you, stay out of trouble, okay?" her eyes overflowed with tears she wiped them away before embracing me into one of her large bear hugs and kissing me from the bridge of my nose to my forehead.

"We will be together again soon my little bird" she handed me a large envelope which she took off kian, I opened it carefully, inside there was £5,000 and her coral pearl necklace that grandma had given her when she turned 20.
" mum, I can't take this" I shook my head and tried to hand her the necklace back, she took it in her hands and spun me around, hooking the necklace gently around my neck.
"now you know that I will be with you wherever you go"
I kissed her on the cheek before heading towards the front door where Kian and I both looked back and in sync blew mum the biggest kisses we could blow, she mouthed to kian 'take care of her' he nodded in response before taking my hand and helping me into the car. I fastened my seatbelt and before I knew it we where off, I looked back for the last time before covering myself up and drifting off into a deep sleep.