002; dylan welcomes finn to the real world

Magsimula sa umpisa

Her words seemed to wake Mr. Schue from his state, and he glumly nodded his head, showing that he believed there was nothing else he could do without breaking the rules. So he gestured her to follow him. She did so, and the two didn't say another words until she had been sat down across from Principal Figgins.

"Are you gonna expel me?" She questioned, crossing one leg over the other, hugging her now empty backpack closely.

"I'm afraid, Ms. Miller, that you give me no other choice. Theft is not only breaking school rules, but is against the law," Figgins said in his usual emotionless voice. Dylan threw her head back in frustration at that.

Mr. Schue then spoke up from his spot on the couch in Figgins' office. "Unless, you, of course, give us a good reason as to why you stole those things. We're trying to help, Dylan, but we can't if we don't know what's going on."

"You guys don't even know me," Dylan remarked, rolling her eyes, something she was sure she done at least twenty times each day. "Whatever, I did it without a reason. I mean, you know where I'm from. I like the adrenaline rush," she quickly lied, avoiding both their eyes as she did, and by her robotic tone of voice, it was quite apparent that she was lying.

Both of them let out disappointed sighs, let down after hope she would give them a reason to let her off the hook. Figgins reached for the phone, but before he could go any further Mr. Schue shot up from his seat, "wait. Maybe, we could give her a warning, and come up with a different solution?"

"And what "solution" do you speak of?" Figgins asked, while Dylan repositioned herself in the uncomfortable seat to get a better look at Mr. Schue. She was confused, that was an understatement. She didn't understand Mr. Schue's angle, why he was so worried that she'd be getting expelled.

What happened to her made no difference to him. So why would he care?

"Glee Club. We're looking for more members. Why don't you give it a shot?" Mr. Schue suggested, his hope lowering at the horrified expression Dylan held. She was conflicted; get expelled and have to face her mother's wrath, or join glee club, and face the school's disgust? She knew which option was worse, but still, glee club?

She shivered.

Fortunately, Figgins made the decision for her, "this arrangement is pleasing. Miss. Miller, if I hear of anymore of your stealing shenanigans, you are expelled, understand?"

She reluctantly nodded her head, following Mr. Schue out the door. She remained silent as he led her to the choir room, where the rest of the glee club were waiting patiently for Mr. Schue. They seemed shocked at Dylan's entrance, that was for sure.

Nearly as shocked as they were when Finn Hudson had walked into the auditorium the week before. But they, of course, didn't know the real reasons they were forced into it.

"So I'm just in?"

Just as Mr. Schue was going to reply, a hand shot up, a very firm, and judgemental "Mr. Schuester" being spoken. All eyes turned to Rachel Berry, sporting her signature sweater and knee high socks, her hand in the air, sending the director a look to let him know she was most certainly not impressed.

"You can't just let her in. We all auditioned and earned our spots, she has to do the same," she said, tilting her head to the side, and Dylan guessed she was attempting to intimidate her. She didn't let any of them know that, for once, it was working.