01

"Bub come on. They want us down stairs." Samantha Potter says knocking gently on her younger brothers door.

Harry looks over at his sister and nods his head gently. Samantha frowns at Harry, she knew he was upset about his friends from Hogwarts not writing him and she was confused as to why they haven't. She thought it was odd since Hermione and Ron were close with her brother.

But her friends weren't writing her either, which was very confusing. The only person who she did receive letters from was Oliver Wood. And all they talked about was quidditch plays.

The two Potter siblings make their way down to the living room where their aunt, uncle, and cousin were. The Dursleys were dressed nicely because Vernon was having guests over.

"Now remember you two will be?" Petunia says with disgust staring at her sisters children. Samantha rests a hand on Harry's shoulder and squeezes it slightly.

"We will be in our rooms, making no noise and pretending we don't exist." Samantha says almost as a robot and her two guardians nod their heads happy at her answer.

They all eat quickly before being practically pushed up the stairs. Samantha rolls her brown eyes and gives Harry a small smile one which he returns.

The two Potter siblings were all each other really had outside of Hogwarts. At least inside they had the Weasley's and their other friends, but in the muggle world they were no bodies.

"Come let's play a game of cards while we wait out this annoying thing." Samantha whispers gently to Harry, which made Harry smile lightly.

The two Potter siblings walk into the younger ones room and stop when they see a creature jumping on top of Harry's bed. Samantha quickly pulls Harry behind her protectively and draws her wand out to the creature.

Dobby noticed the two Potters and stops jumping on the bed smiling widely at them.

"Oh the Potters! Dobby is so happy to see you!" Dobby exclaims happily and Samantha glares at the him.

"Not to be rude but who are you?" Samantha asks and Dobby jumps off of the bed and lands in front of the two Potter children.

"Dobby, Dobby the house elf." He says and Samantha lowers her wand when he introduces himself.

"Not to be to be rude or anything, but this isn't a great time for us to have a house elf in my bedroom." Harry says coming out from behind his sister to stand next to her.

"Oh, oh yes, sir! Dobby understands! It's just that, Dobby has come to tell you- it is difficult, sir- Dobby wonders where to begin?" The house elf begins to ramble and Harry made the mistake of asking him to sit down.

Samantha watches as Dobby hurts himself as Harry tries to keep him quiet. Samantha had no clue what was really happening, all she really wanted was for this night to be over.

"What the devil are you two doing up here?" Vernon asks storming into the room.

Samantha didn't even notice that Harry shoved the house elf in the closet. She practically zoned out the whole scene that was happening in front of her earlier.

"We... I..."

"You just ruined the punch line of my Japanese golfer joke!" Vernon scolds making Samantha scoff and roll her brown eyes. She honestly never understood how anyone could suffer through any sort of thing with the Dursleys, they were horrible people.

"One more sound, and you'll wish you'd never been born, boy! And fix that door! Samantha you're going to your room." Vernon states gripping onto her arm tightly causing the girl to wince slightly. Harry goes to intervine but Samantha shakes her head, she would be fine.