When he decided my teeth were clean enough, he took the toothbrush out of my mouth and made me spit in the spit cup.

"Can you sit up for me, baby girl?" He inquired tenderly. I nodded and slowly sat up, still not opening my eyes. Without warning, he lifted my black shirt above my head and threw it to the ground, along with my black leggings.

I took a deep calming breath, and he lifted my arms above my head. He slipped on one of his hoodies I had stolen from him and stored in my closet. I recognized it right away by the smell of his cologne that still wafted through my nose.

JJ set my arms down, and I felt his absence, so I opened my eyes finally and saw him searching the bathroom again. He came out with a wet rag, vaseline, and bandages. I shot him a puzzled look until he pointed to the dry blood on my arm along with the scabbing cut.

"Babe, you don't --" I started.

"Do you want to sleep with dried blood on your arm?" He cut me off, and I stayed silent. He raised his eyebrows and knelt next to me. "So, how'd this happen?" He interrogated.

"Mrs. Crain got me with her fire poker," I replied, and he chuckled.

"Did you fight back?" He questioned and wiped up the dried blood on my arm with the rag.

I laughed and nodded. "Yeah," I said.

"That's my girl. Life lesson: If you're ever threatened, self-defense isn't assault," He explained, and I giggled.

"Coming from the guy who tried to beat up my brother and his friends," I teased, and he sniggered.

"Hey, at least I don't wimp out," he winked at me, and I rolled my eyes. Before I knew it, he was done patching up my arm. He soon moved to my hair, where he brushed through it soothingly.

He would occasionally kiss the back of my head or my shoulder since he was sitting behind me, which sent me into euphoria. Once my hair was nott-free, he grabbed a hair tie and began braiding it.

"Since when do you know how to braid?" I joked, and he laughed.

"I've tried on Kie a couple times, and she taught me. I liked to braid my hookups hair so it wouldn't be in the way," he said, and I could practically hear the smirk radiating off his features once he mentioned his hookups.

"Am I one of your hookups, babe?" I asked with a pout as I glanced around my shoulder to look in his eyes.

He leaned forward and pecked my lips, making me smile. "No, you're so much more than a meaningless hookup," he purred, and I blushed. Turning back around quickly, I didn't want to be seen blushing so fiercely.

He finished braiding my hair and put everything away before trudging back over to my bed, where I was already under the covers. He shut off all the lights and stripped until he was in his boxers before crawling in next to me.

I fidgeted on top of his chest with my arms wrapped around him in an embrace. My legs found his waist again, so I buried my nose under his neck. He enveloped me with his strong arms, breathing steady patterns into my ear.

"I love you," I mumbled, and he kissed my cheek.

"I love you too, baby girl."

~:*:~

I woke up the next day with a beautiful view that was JJ's neck. I smiled to myself. I glanced around my room to see the sun shining through my balcony's glass french doors and the sky bright and lively. Nature's mood made me forget every bad thing from last night and for once in a long while . . . . actually enjoy life, and be thankful. I turned around to look at my alarm clock and saw that it was already 11 in the morning.