Sweets. Part 2 [Even Sweeter]

Start from the beginning

"My my, if it isn't Ayanokouji-kun and Shiina-san."

The voice that called out to us came from a familiar, platinum-bonde haired girl with a cane, and next to her was a girl with purple hair that reached her waist.

"Sakayanagi-san." (Hiyori)

"On a date are we? That park is quite pleasant so you best enjoy yourselves."

While saying this, she had a smile on her face. They looked to just have come back from a stroll in the same park.

"...Hiyori?"

My analysis were interupted as I felt a hand grab the back of my shirt. When I turned around, I saw Hiyori hiding behind me while blushing.

She must have been embarrassed when Sakayanagi stated we were on a date.

"Fufu, you've certainly found yourself a cute one Ayanokouji-kun, even if she is in a different class."

"Guess I got lucky."

"Hmm, I wonder. Well, we have to get going now, see you."

After they took their leave, we were left on our own again.

"You know Sakayanagi-san?"

It seems Hiyori was curious about how I knew the leader of class A. I suppose it was only normal considering how she talked to me, but then again its not like she had to pretend not to know me.

If this was any other person, then that might have been the case, but both Sakayanagi and I knew Hiyori wasn't the type to be spilling information that would hurt others.

"I guess, but it's not important."

"I see. Well I won't pry any deeper."

Not too long after, we finally reached our destination. This was my first time in this part of the campus, but just like Hiyori and Sakayanagi said, it was a beautiful sight.

There were several benches facing towards the ocean with a path behind leading behind them. Green grass and blooming flowers grew around them, the sign of spring.

"It's pretty empty despite it being break."

"Is it normally full?"

"Last time I came, there were more people."

If I had to guess the reason for a lack of students here, it would probably because most of them were enjoying themselves at Keyaki mall or another leisure center. Nevertheless, this was an extremely lucky opportunity as it was the perfect weather to enjoy some time here.

We found a nearby bench facing towards the ocean, one of many. It was an open area, but this bench in particular was harder to spot due to it being covered by a decently sized tree.

"It's a great view." (Hiyori)

"It is."

She was stretching her arms before while standing, so I decided to take a seat first.

I placed the wagashi on my lap as I took out the book I was given earlier, and not too long after, Hiyori sat down beside me. The distance between us was almost non-existant as our shoulders touched.

This may have been the first time we sat this close, and despite being the one to initiate the contact, I could tell she was a bit restless.

"Which box do you want?"

"Mmm, I'll take the one you choose for me."

As if remembering her indecisiveness earlier at the store, it seems she wanted me to pick out which one she would eat. We would share them anyways, so it didn't really matter and I eneded up giving her the flower designed ones while I took the simpler ones.