fifteen | free candy

°

°

"God, mom. It's halloween, not my wedding!"

Karen Wheeler scoffed, pulling her daughter's hair a bit rougher than necessary.

"I still don't understand why you don't want to dress up for school, honey!" Karen sighed, clipping the braid to the back of her head.

Clara still couldn't believe her idiot brother didn't listen when she told him dressing up for Halloween at school wasn't cool anymore.

Clara wore her simple beige cardigan over a white shirt, a pair of blue jeans over her waist and ending at her ankles.

"Nobody does that anymore, mom. Mike's just an idiot," Clara scoffed, wiping the nude lipstick off her mouth that had been overlined slightly.

"Clara Cecilia-!"

"Gotta go!" Clara hurried, escaping her mother's hold and exiting the living room.

"Bye!"

Grabbing her yellow bicycle, Clara swung her leg over and began the ride to school.

Mike had left earlier, his ghostbusters costume requiring "extra time" so he didn't break it on the way.

The ride to school was as bland as usual. Clara waved hi to a few people she recognized outside store fronts,
but really that was all.

Putting her bike into the rack, Clara couldn't help but regret it bringing at least a light jacket, as the fall weather pricked her skin in all the wrong ways.

"Clara!"

Groaning, the brunette turned to the incessant voice of her brother. "What, Mike?"

"Nobody is wearing costumes!" he hissed, eyes wide in embarrassment.

Clara tightened her lips, eyes gleaming in amusement. She pulled her bag higher up her shoulder, turning and walking towards the front door.

"Oh."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. Oh."

Mike stopped her, turning his shorter sister around to face him.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

The younger twin gaped in disbelief. "I did, and you didn't listen dumbass!"

Mike stomped his foot, running back into the school.