Why couldn't life be simple as it was five years ago during Akash and Payal's wedding? That month had been the most blissful month in her entire life.

After the New Year eve party, she felt like she was falling into a deep abyss of tumultuous emotions. Buaji had told her not to go for her dance classes as there was a lot of work to be done for the wedding. She felt like someone had squeezed her heart really hard when she realized she won't be seeing Arnav every day. Who would make him his coffee the way he liked it?

A couple of days later, Anjali had come to their house to take them out for a movie. She had come home on leave and had told the Gupta s that she wanted to get to know her bhabhi better. Khushi had taken extra care to dress up that day in the hopes that Arnav might be there. When they reached the cinemas, her face fell when she saw Lavanya standing next to Arnav and Akash. How could she have forgotten Lavanya was the chosen girl for Arnav? She decided to stick to Anjali asking her about her work in the college, trying her level best to ignore those mesmerizing eyes.

Just as they were being let into the theatre, Lavanya said, 'How am I looking Arnav? Is my hair ok?'

'It wouldn't harm to run a brush through it I suppose,' Arnav quipped. 'Why don't you take your ticket and use the rest room?' He gave her a ticket.

When they found their row, Akash went in followed by Payal and Anjali . As Khushi took her seat next to Anjali , she was surprised to see Arnav taking the one next to her. She saw the same surprise mirrored in Lavanya 's face as she took the empty one next to Arnav.

As the movie began, Khushi's dhak-dhak began when Arnav's large hand wrapped itself around her small one in a firm grip. When she tried to steal a glance at him from the corner of her eye she realized he was engrossed in a conversation with Lavanya ! Her anger went up a few notches and she tried to wriggle out of his grasp only to fail miserably. His grip was unbreakable. She decided to ignore him and relaxed her hand completely and began to concentrate on the movie. Then his grip slackened --- but her relief was short lived as he turned her hand and interspersed his fingers through hers, the tips caressing her thighs at the same time. A tingling sensation sliced through to her core as he squeezed her palm gently but firmly. Then his thumb began to make little circles on her palm, sending shards of fire right into her veins to suffuse her entire body with heat. The images in front of her began to blur and she squeezed her eyes shut. Then she jumped as a husky voice whispered in her ear. 'Relax, Khushi.'

On Wednesday morning just before the results of the exams was to be announced to the students, Khushi sat in front of Mrs Bedi, the head of Nrityadham, her dance school. She was vivacious woman in her fifties, a yesteryear odissi dancer, who wore thick khol in her eyes and a big bindi on her forehead. Her office was large with pictures of great dancers adorning the walls. She picked up a slip of paper that look like cheque and waved it in the air.

'We got a sponsor!' she squealed like a little girl.

Khushi was exhilarated at the news. 'How much is it madam?'

'I have strict instructions not to reveal it Khushi,' she said waving the cheque gaily. 'But as they say bhagwaan jab deta hai....'

'Can I know the name of the sponsor?' Wariness entered her voice.

'As if you don't know it is your friend Mr Arnav Singh Raizada,' she chided. 'You talked to him about it didn't you?'

'I did,' Khushi agreed.

'Alright I will tell you this much,' she leaned forward conspiratorially. 'This year we will bring the scholarships up to six.'

'That's wonderful, madam!'