Ramona's heart hammered inside her chest so fast she felt it was going to jump out of her throat. For a brief moment, she felt as if it were really stuck in her throat, constricting her breathing. Her breaths came in gasps, the black hole in her vision getting larger and swallowing her whole. 

Two arms grabbed her shoulders and shook her back to reality, but she couldn't slow her racing heart nor her racing mind.

"Ramona, you need to calm down," a voice called out. Blaise.

"No shit," she muttered, teeth chattering.

Forcefully, she tore the blanket off her body and stood up, the room spinning around her. She was certain that she was drowning; the lake had broken through the windows and swallowed her whole, lungs filling with the dirty water and poisoning her.

Ramona was moving about the room like there was a hurricane inside her. To Blaise it seems as if her limbs are moving at their own accord, sweat drenching her. Blaise gripped her shoulders and forced her to sit on the floor, eyes wild. She started to rock back and forth, attempting to stand up once more but Blaise kept her down.

He wasn't sure what to do.

"Just relax, alright?" he muttered confusedly, kneeling down next to her, unsure what to do.

Ramona mumbled something incomprehensible, her mouth not being able to catch up to her brain. Words were tumbling out unchecked by her brain, white-knuckled fingers holding onto Blaise's arm. She tried to stand up once more, but couldn't.

"Nothing's wrong, alright? Just try to calm down," Blaise continued loudly, frazzled and confused.

"Do you need a moment to yourself? Do you want me to leave?" He was starting to panic himself. He had no idea what was going on, but it only seemed to get worse.

An arm gripped onto Blaise's shoulder and pulled him away forcefully.

Draco knelt in front of Ramona's shaking body, sending Blaise an angry look before turning back to her. Completely calmly and with confidence, he took Ramona's warm hand in his own and made soothing circles with his thumb.

"You're going to get through this," Draco said softly, not letting go of her hand.

"I'm here, you're alright darling," he reassured her calmly.

Ramona's bloodshot eyes barely opened, catching sight of him. He had a serene expression on his face, reassuring her that everything was alright.

Ramona felt her body giving out and she almost collapsed on the floor, still shaking and trembling. Draco caught her head and brought her to his lap, outstretching his legs. He gently brushed away the hair that stuck to her forehead, soothingly rubbing her back.

"It's scary, yeah, you'll get through it. You're already doing so much better," he said, trying to ground her. He continued mumbling soothing things as Blaise stood above them, dazed and confused.

"What's wrong with her?" Blaise asked.

Draco turned to look at him, the serene look quickly gone from his eye.

"She had a panic attack you bloody imbecile, and you've only made it worse," Draco whispered harshly.

"How was I supposed to know that?"

"You're a real idiot, Zabini," Draco said, looking down at her.

Ramona was starting to breathe more slowly, body still overtaken by soft shakes.

"You're safe. It was just a panic attack. I've had those before, nothing to be worried about," Draco reassured her, his heart softening at the sight of the girl. She looked terrified, still.