How Can You Be Circus Bugs!

Start from the beginning

Dot watched the scene as she stood on the dandelion stalk, "Hmm. Come on, wings." her wings tried to lift her in the air till they gave out, making her hit the seed, breaking away. Dot quickly grabbed the seed, "Help!"

Once the circus bugs made it to the other side of the river bed, they grew tired of Flik's complaints.

"Okay, Flik, time to put ya down. Get him off me! He's off the circulation." Manny grabs Flik and tries to pull him away from Slim's leg.

"No, no, no, no!"

"Let go!"

"Please, please, don't go!"

"Put the stick down. Flik, I mean it, now. Drop the stick." Rosie threatens Flik. Flik's hand grips tighter to Slim.

Flik looks at the bugs, then his surroundings, spotting a bird's feather wing and a nest full of eggs.

Wait, bird feather and eggs?

BIRD!

Flik quickly lets go of Slim, causing him and Manny fall back on the ground. Flik quickly runs away shouting over his shoulder, "Run!" The circus bugs stood there puzzled, watching Flik run.

"Boy, he runs fast for a little guy." Heimlich points out.

*SQUAWK*

The circus bugs tensed up and slowly turned around looking up at a red bird that stood over them.

*SQUAWK*

"Tweet-tweet! Tweet-tweet!" Tuck and Roll points at the bird. The circus bugs bolted, catching up to Flik with the bird not far behind them.

"Flik! Flik!" Dot whimpers as she hung onto the seed, watching the bugs run down below.

*SQUAWK*

Dot looks up to see the bird fly towards her.

"Ahhh!"

Dot lets go of the seed and fall towards the ground. Luckily Francis heard her cry for help, "I gotcha! I gotcha! I gotcha, I gotcha! Oww! Oooh."

Francis caught her, falling into the cracks of the riverbed, a rock landing on his head and leg, causing him to pass out. Dot screams again. As the others hid behind a boulder, Flik hears Dot scream.

"Dot!?"

"Good heavens, they're in trouble!" Manny panicked.

"Francis, Francis, Francis, Francis, Francis, Francis--" Slim became antsy.

"Oh, you guys, I've got an idea!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"Yoo-hoo! Mr

"Yoo-hoo! Mr. Early Bird! How about a nice, tasty worm on a stick?" Heimlich caught the attention of the bird as Slim held him up, "I'm going to snap. I'm going to snap."

Heimlich continued to taunt the bird, "Nice and juicy, succulent--"

Flik watches the bird move towards Heimlich and Slim, "Let's go!" Dim takes off and Flik starts looking around for Dot and Francis.

"There they are!" Flik spotted Dot waving her arms. Flik moves down towards Rosie as she prepares the net for him.

"Okay."

Rosie lowers Flik and the pill bugs to the ground, "Flik!" Dot jumps in Flik's arms.

"It's going to be okay, Dot." Flik cradles her in his arms and jumps in the net with an unconscious Francis, Tuck and Roll following.

Gypsy quickly went to aid Heimlich and Slim, once Heimlich became stuck between the cracks of the riverbed.

*SCREECH*

Gypsy turned the bird away from Heimlich and continued to have it follow her, "Come on, come on." she whispers.

The bird follows her as Slim tells Heimlich to suck in his gut, "Suck it in man!" And pulls him down.

Francis opens his eyes and holds his head. "Ow. My leg!" Francis's wings opened up and accidentally cuts the net open. Flik and Dot fell.

Flik acts quickly, grabbing Dot and Francis's antennas so they didn't fall to the ground. Tuck and Roll grabbed Francis and the net.

The weight caused Dim to lose balance, making everyone scream, and catch the bird's attention. Dot gripped Flik's neck tightly, closing her eyes.

*CHIRP CHIRP*

Dot's eyes widened as she looked over Flik's shoulder, "Flik!" she screams.

Flik looks over his shoulder to see the bird giving chase to them.

"Gasp!"

"Up-a, up-a!"

Flik looks forward, seeing a cliff nearing, "Ahh!" Dot whimpers as the bird neared, closing the gap between them. Flik made a split-second decision, leaving no choice.

"Dot close your eyes!" Flik shouts. Dot does as Flik orders, and buries her head against his chest.

Flik curled his legs closer to his body, feeling his back shake and tingle, he releases a poisonous dart, hitting the bird in the middle of the eyes. The bird shrieks, its beak grazes Flik's leg as it pulled back.

Flik clenched his teeth from pain, his grip tightened on Dot and Francis, keeping his eyes closed.

The bird screeched from pain. Flik opens his eyes to see that they're surrounded by thorn bushes. The bird growls and flies off.

Flik looks down at his leg to see it bleed from the graze. Dot looks at Flik, then his leg, "I'll be fine Dot. Just a graze."

As the others caught their breath from the panic that they experienced, clapping and cheering can be heard down below.

"What is that?"

"That, my friends, is the sound of applause!"

The colony stood together, cheering and clapping for the bugs happy to see them alive and safe. The bugs landed in the ground and the colony surrounded them. Mr. Soil ran up to Flik and helped support him.

 Soil ran up to Flik and helped support him

"Applause-- I'm in heaven!" Francis sighed.

Mr. Soil took Flik's arm and helped him walk to the infirmary, "You are so lucky Flik." he whispered. Flik smirked and whispered, "It was a lucky shot."

Mr. Soil smirked, "Indeed. Let us get you patched up Flik." Flik nodded his head as he and the circus bugs entered the infirmary.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do ya think lovelies? Next chapter coming soon Thank you