twelve | goodbye, el

°

°

"Nancy and Jonathan aren't here."

Clara Wheeler, startled, looked up from her place where she laid. Exhaustion had been creeping into her mind all day, it really only set in now, though.

"They're probably sucking face somewhere," Dustin snorted. Both Wheelers wrinkled their nose in disgust, Lucas joining.

"Are you sure they didn't go with the Chief?" Clara asked cautiously, cracked her fingers anxiously.

"I, I mean I don't know," Mike shrugged, pacing back and forth over the gym tiles.

"No."

They all turned to El, whose body was still wrapped in a towel.

"What do you mean, do you know where they went?" Mike urged. Clara had never seen him this worried over their sister- it put a smile on her face.

El paused, blinking slowly as she faintly answered.

"Demogorgon."

The group exchanged glances, Clara inhaling deeply as she stood, the other two following, and standing next to Mike.

"We can't just sit here and do nothing!" Mike exclaimed, pleading with the three.

"Incase you forgot, we're still fugitives! The bad men are still looking for us!" Lucas countered.

Clara, as much as she loved her sister, knew that she and Jonathan could handle themselves. This was about El, and finding Will.

"Besides, we don't even know where
she is."

"El can find them!" Mike pointed, and Clara immediately objected.

"Look at her, Mike! She's exhausted!" the twin shouted, amazed at her brothers idiocy.

"Let's just stick to the chiefs plan. Stay here, and stay out of sight," Lucas decided. Clara bobbed her head in agreement.

"Plus, Nancy has Jonathan," he added.

"And she's kind of a badass now," Dustin smirked, Clara reaching over and slapping him.

Dustin began walking out of the gym, Mike furrowing his brows as he yelled, "you said stick to the plan! Where are you going?"

"To get some chocolate pudding! Lunch lady phyllis hoards that shit!" Dustin shouted back, exiting the gym and going in to the hall.