When he closed the door behind him, Jisung had lifted his head and looked to the direction of the door once again where the elder had disappeared.

He exhaled through his nose while he pressed his lips into a thin line, minding his own business for real, this time.

Meanwhile, Chenle took languid steps in the hallway and went to the one that led to his room which was opposite with the youngest's.

A frown on his face until he went to his own bedroom with a broken heart.

Maeri laid on her bed in the middle of the night, eyes wide open and lips slightly parted; soft breaths escaped from her nose as she stared at the ceiling with her hands behind her head and the comforter halfly covering her lower body

She couldn't sleep.

Something was bugging her mind.

Not knowing what exactly was, she went back through everything thoroughly.

Was it the way she killed Joochan?

Was she just missing Jisung that bad?

Was it the details that Sungchan laid in front of them that night?

Or was she worrying if they'd been caught?

Or maybe that specific moment when Chenle had wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tighter that she felt her stomach lurch?

She could never know.

Just as she were to flutter her eyes closed, her phone started buzzing and vibrating crazily on the bedside table by the night light.

Immediately shooting her head in that direction, stretching her hand out to the phone.

Flipping it upside down to its original direction, her brows furrowed upon seeing the caller ID.

Zhong🐬 is calling you...
Answer  | Decline

Maeri felt her stomach churn.

It hasn't even been a minute when she thought about him, there he was; calling her in the middle of the night.

After two more buzzes, she slid the answer button and pressed the phone to her ear. "Chenle, why are yo-" she wasn't given a chance to finish her sentence when he immediately muttered "Am I a bad friend?"

She furrowed her brows in confusion trying to process in her mind what he had just asked her at the moment.

There was also a silence in the other line.

Maeri scoffed at this as she shot her body up to sit and lean on the headboard. "You can't be serious." she laughed wryly at this.