But the difference was.... they no longer bickered, chatted, talked.

It was all the game of who had the highest pride.

Chenle was willing to push his pride away and let his ego be stepped on just to apologize and beg for forgiveness.

Turning back to the desk, an object on Jisung's desk caught his eye.

His hand mindlessly reaching over to pick it up.

A smile automatically grazed over his lips as he observed the picture displayed in the frame.

It was the three of them.

Jisung and Maeri sat next to each other doing the peace sign with awkward smiles on their faces while Chenle stood behind them doing the heart sign with his arms over his head and a toothy grin grazed on his lips as he looked at the camera.

Chenle had himself chuckling at the memory as he reminisced every single minute of that day at the arcade.

"Hey, come on just strike a pose! It's not that hard!" Chenle commanded Maeri, whining and forcing her to do a pose.

Maeri rolled her eyes. "What's even the point of taking these photos? Can't we just play some game?" she groaned and pouted.

"Come on, honey. It's for the memories! We can play walking dead later on." Jisung begged, clasping his hands together and giving her the puppy eyes he never thought he'd use.

Chenle scrunched his nose at the two and patted their heads softly. "Ahh young love. That was hella cheesy but let's get this over with, Come on!" teasing the two as he exclaimed; wrapping his arms around their shoulders and let them strike their pose.

And so they struck a pose.

Suddenly, his thoughts were interrupted by a deep cold voice. "What are you doing?"

Chenle went alarmed by this  and immediately put the frame back in its place.

Swiftly turning on his heel to face Jisung who had his hair damp and was dressed in just plain clothes, a white shirt paired with basketball shorts. "Oh, I- uh.... Johnny hyung told me to drop that folder off and you didn't answer the door so I came to put it on your desk." he explained, nearly fumbled with his words.

Jisung gave him a blank expression and just nodded convincingly. "Okay, you may leave." his reply got the elder's blood running cold as well.

Chenle sighed as he nodded, taking a step away from the desk.  "Sorry-"

"I don't wanna hear it." the younger cut him off, giving him the cold shoulder as usual.

Jisung didn't really hate him.

He was just bitter and he just felt betrayed that night and he thought that avoiding him was what he had to do.

Yes, it was selfish of him... but his pride always got in the way and his emotions always got the best of him.

Chenle sighed again and slumped his shoulders as he pursed his lips into a thin line, his head hung low while walking past the younger.

Jisung was watching him from the corner of his eye, slowly taking steps towards the door and when his hand reaches for the knob, he had looked away and walked over to his chair, sitting and pretending to check the folder he had received when he was actually looking at his old friend beneath his lashes.

The elder gave him a quick glance and sighed again as he swung the door open.

His eyes were soft and pained as he watched the younger do his thing.