"Did she get injured?"

The boy was indeed worried.

For the past days, he was busy. No, not because of school or volleyball.

But something else.

Which was your name, he swore he heard it before.

Or was he just being delusional?

But your name was stuck on his mind since the day you two first chatted.

It was so familiar that it irked him a lot.

"(L/n) (F/n)."

___
-Last two years before.
December
4:20 pm

It was that time of the year. Winter, Christmas coming.

It was the last day of class before winter break.

"Sakusa, where are you going?" The cousin of the germaphobe boy asked.

"I'm gonna get something in my locker." Sakusa then walked back to the school building, heading to his locker.

He arrived and opened his locker, the smell of sanitizer hits his nose making him calm.

He grabbed his folded scarf and wrapped himself with it.

"It's not yet snowing but they say it'll be expected today." He sighed, closing his locker peacefully until he heard someone yelling.

"(L/n) (F/n)!"

The voice echoed through the hallways catching the clean freak's attention.

There you were, entering in his gaze.

You were running with a bunch of folders in your hand. "shit, shit, shit." you muttered underneath your hasty breath.

At the moment, you were trying to enroll for high school in Itachiyama in the early week of December. You already took the exams and you were about to see the results.

Why did you enroll so early? Well, you were excited, of course.

The germaphobe boy eyed you, his body still facing at his locker but he was watching you.

You finally arrived at the foot of the teacher in front of you. "You're (L/n)-san, correct?" You nodded your head vigorously at her.

The teacher's eyes gazed down, her brows furrowed down. "(L/n)-san, you're a bright person, I was looking forward to you." She stated.

"Was?"

"I'm sorry but your applications aren't compatible here, you have good marks on the exams but not on the process problems given to you." You frowned, your eyes becoming glossy.

You wanted to be in Itachiyama because it was honestly a great school. Good students, good athletes, and a good reputation.

"You can enroll here again in your second year if you want to."

No, you had no plans and you weren't sure. You only liked Itachiyama because of its volleyball club.

"Maybe I can go with mom's plan, go to Inarizaki instead."

You shook your head, "Uhm, that's fine." you whispered.

But honestly, you did want to enter Itachiyama. You were so desperate but you were rejected.