☆ 2☆

I left my mother's room feeling conflicted because of her worries. I know she means well, but love wasn't an option for me at the moment. She's weak right now and unable to take care of herself without nearly passing out. I have to get stronger in order to protect her.
Her being bedridden was due to an injury caused by one of the archangels a few years ago. My mother was very strong, possibly as strong as the 10 commandments but was easily able to be defeated by one mere goddess.

Now I don't despise the goddess race or any of the other races but I hate the ones that are killing one another just because of this stupid war. I wish it would just end already. I hated fighting and violence but in order to keep the ones I love safe having strength and power was the only thing I could do.

I walked back to my bedroom to start getting ready for my birthday party. To my surprise there were two attendants waiting for me. They had all sorts of jewelry, shoes, dresses and makeup set out for me to choose from. I was a bit overwhelmed and confused as to why I was getting such treatment. I wasn't a part of the royal family but I was being treated as such.

"Miss Ophelia, the King instructed us to help you get ready for your party," one of the attendants spoke. I remember her name being Lily, she was always very helpful to me. She was the youngest out of all of the castle attendants. She was barely 18. Although she was older than I am by 2 years it seems like with her I'm the older one. She acts like a younger sister quite often, but I don't mind it. It's quite amusing actually.

"We've picked out several items for you to choose from. If you don't like any of them we can simply fetch new ones for you," this attendant was older than Lily, probably in her early 40s but she looked like a teenager. Her name is Yvette and has been working in the castle for a sufficient amount of time.

"I admit this is all a bit much, I don't deserve to be treated like this but I'll let it go since it is a special day for me," I chuckled a bit going towards all of the stuff laid out for me. Everything that was laid out was just way too pretty. I was having a hard time choosing what to wear and must've been making a weird face because Lily was giggling like a young school girl. I was a bit embarrassed but kept browsing through the many options.

After about 15 minutes of me being indecisive I finally chose a dress that was simple but at the same time very elegant. It was a strapless dress that went about mid thigh. The top part of the dress was tan with lots of flowers embroidered on to it which went down into the skirt. The skirt was a soft blue which happened to be my favorite color. I picked out nude heels and jewelry to match.

After getting dressed Lily began on my makeup and Yvette on my hair

After getting dressed Lily began on my makeup and Yvette on my hair. Yvette insisted that I do something intricate with my hair but I decided on a simple half up half down style. Knowing with my curly hair it would've taken way too long to do anything too intricate and I wasn't willing to sit in this chair any longer than I already was.

After Lily finished with my makeup she stood back a little admiring her work. She had such a soft smile on her face but her eyes were slightly tearing up. I panicked a little thinking something was wrong but she just wiped away the tears and gave me a bear hug.