Chapter 4 - Hidden Away

En başından başla

Aaron did not look happy at the revelation of his rank being lowered and even less pleased when two large Rottweiler dogs came bounding in. "Ah, it's my two boys, say hello Ricky and Theo." The two dogs bounded over and nuzzled each of the girls, before spotting  Aaron in the corner. They started stalked him down growling. Juliette broke out in a broad smirking smile. "No boys." she commanded.

"I'll better be going." announced Aaron, quickly vacating the room from the door he entered looking rather intimidated by the turn of events. 

"I don't think the boys really like Aaron too much," Juliette said, stroking Ricky on the head in the process, "...and I'm not sure he likes you either does he? Go and find..." The dogs both offered a paw salute and left the room to see if they could chase down Aaron.

"They are so well trained. That's amazing" said Jessica.

"Yes they are. They are loyal and brave and will do anything to look out for me and any guests I have here. They are actually well versed in sniffing out explosives and weapons. They could probably tell Aaron had his gun holstered on his body someplace." replied Juliette. "By the way welcome to 'The Palms' - this is just one of the many estates owned by Mr McIntyre here in the US as well as overseas."

The girls introduced themselves in turn and told Juliette a little about themselves. "It is very nice to meet all of you. I have arranged rooms for you all. There is plenty of space here in the lodge, but you will actually be located in the main building across the other side of the estate. All of your rooms have a great view of the Pacific and the Olympic sized infinity pool. I'm sure you'll all be comfortable. Maybe tomorrow once you have had a rest you can take a look around L.A and the local beaches. Come on follow me."

"This is just the lodge" exclaimed Abi whispering to Leanne, "I thought this was the main house!"

Juliette led the girls to a golf buggy and they rode along Palm Tree lined paths to the main house in the complex.

The villa was huge, even by US standards. It appeared to be breeze block built, strengthened with steel with towering glass panel windows. A giant double front door opened up into a white marble hallway. It was decorated sparsely and two large stairways swept to the second level. In the middle of the hallway floor a large round rug was placed - it was a woven copy of the McIntyre corporate logo. 

Juliette showed the girls the lounge, kitchen and dining room, then into the library, set in a style reminiscent of an old English county manner looking out of place in the modern building. The tour moved on into the equally old styled study and finally glass ceilinged and walled morning room. From here they exited through a set of double  doors and into an outdoor gym. In the corner stood a large giant jacuzzi and a row of day beds beneath some Palms to offer shade. They walked down some steps to another outdoor level, passing a firepit and seating area, crossing a small lawn to where the swimming pool was located. It  looked straight over the Pacific Ocean.

"This is an amazing place." said Leanne.

"Oh, totally, I have never seen anything like it." agreed Jo.

"...and you haven't even seen your rooms or cars yet." added Juliette.

"Cars!" Abi said excitedly, "You're supplying us cars! This is getting better all the time, I just thought we were going to be relaxing out here on something looking like the set of Love Island!"

"Well, I know you've passed your tests back in the UK so we did take the opportunity to get some transport for you. One each, I'll let you fight between the Audi R8 and the Ferrari Spider. Unfortunately two of you will be left with the BMW Roadsters ." responded Juliette. "Do you want to see your rooms or the cars first?"