And she knew that things just couldn't go her way or theirs.

She felt suffocated but now that she was pretty much free herself, she still wasn't happy.

Maybe she really wasn't meant to live happily.

"Eyy, come on here. Enough of the drama." Han patted his upper arm, inviting her to lay beside him and use his arm as her pillow and spend the night looking up at the stars with the two others.

Chenle sighed as he laid on the rubber mat of their gym, drenched in his own sweat as he let the LED lights blind his eyes for a few more seconds while he laid flat on the floor, chest heaving up and down vigorously, catching his breath from the i...

Chenle sighed as he laid on the rubber mat of their gym, drenched in his own sweat as he let the LED lights blind his eyes for a few more seconds while he laid flat on the floor, chest heaving up and down vigorously, catching his breath from the intense work out routine that Jaehyun had taught him.

He just had to clear his mind off everything.

Anything that would get his mind off those questions in his mind.

Those boxes, paintings, old forgotten photos, abandoned mansions, mystery solving and her.

His mind kept repeating those words no matter how much he wanted to push it away.

"We can fix this, okay?"

It remained in his mind and it ran in his thoughts the whole week they haven't contacted each other but no.

Just no.

She was off limits and he shouldn't be crossing the line.

He wasn't going to fuck it up and he didn't want it to get any more messed up than it already was.

Chenle didn't want any of it.

But a part of him yearned for the warm feeling that spread throughout him.

He was oblivious of the feeling wanting to keep neglecting it but then yet it keeps on having him get drawn to it.

Like a firefly drawn to the light.

But he avoided it as much as possible.

Even him and Sungchan talked about random things when they met in the hallways except for 'that' and act like they didn't murder a gang member a week ago or even tried investigating their pasts.

His forearm rested over his face, eyes closing and letting out a long sharp exhale as he felt his energy finally get drained.

But yet his rest was interrupted with a faint knock on the glass doors of the large and fully equipped gym.

Lifting his head up to see who it was, he raised his brows and laid his head back on the floor. "It's you." he sighed and stared up at the now blue lit ceiling from the lights that designed it.

"Hey." Sungchan flashed a lazy smile before getting to sit on one of the benches, letting an awkward silence engulf them.

The elder fiddled with the folder in his hands before breaking the silence between them but yet he wasn't given a chance to speak up when Chenle had beat him to it. "What was I like before?" he asked out of the blue, letting his mind think aloud.

The elder had his forehead creased when he heard the question. "What do you mean?"

"Y'know, before we parted ways back then?"

Sungchan's mouth formed an 'o' shape as he realized what the younger was talking about. He inhaled sharply and laid the manila folder beside him. "Well....." tracing his fingers beneath his chin as he thought about it. "I'd say that you were the most selfless one out of the four of us."

Chenle's ears perked up and it had him to sit up on the floor, intrigued to know more. "Really?"

"Really."

"How so?"

Sungchan clicked his tongue as he hummed deeply. "You were always the one to share your toys everytime you bought new ones and let us know everything you do and won't be afraid to be there for us everytime we got into small fights. All in all, you were the mature one." he stated as he chuckled at the memories.

The younger was slightly shocked, how come he couldn't remember such things about himself. "Wow, that's so not like me."

"Believe it or not, you haven't changed at all actually." the latter smiled warmly at him.

Chenle chuckled. "Thanks for telling me." a genuine smile on his lips as he looked at the elder.

Sungchan helped him stand up and gave a bro hug. "Anytime- oh by the way, Johnny hyung said that you should drop these off at Jisung's room on your way to yours." he picked the folder off the bench and passed it onto the younger's hands.

He looked down at the folder and the anxiety crept up his guts and it made it churn at the mention of the latter's name.

Hesitating whether he should do it or not, but maybe this could be his chance of getting to talk to him again even just an exchange of words.

A heavy pained sigh escapes Chenle's lips as he fully took the folder out of the other's grasps. "Sure."

Short update but best boy Chenle

Lol have u read the first chapters of S2 and S3 of the Dream series?? I'm not tryna break ur hearts but I suck at happy stories so uhm........

*sings "Happy Ending" by seventeen*

lololol anyhoes, hope u liked it. Love y'all.