42. {nerds in a vent}

Start from the beginning

"will?" tilly looked up at him in slight concern, "everything okay?"

"the lights..." he muttered, looking uncomfortable.

"what about them?"

they all stood up and stared at the flickering lights, wondering what the problem was.

then, will put his fingers on the back of his neck and spoke in a frightened, "he's here." the brunette turned to tilly who had an unrecognisable look on her face.

she looked almost as if she was going to pass out but seemed to be attempting to cover her facial expressions.

"shit."

"mrs driscoll!" tilly yelled once she realised, "come on!"

they all ran, following her as she sprinted past the receptionist.

"hey, hey, hey!" the receptionist yelled, "two at a time!"

"grandma's calling, family first!" tilly rambled before moving faster and leaving the lady bewildered.

the group of six rushed to the elevator and el began pressing the button to open it numerous times yet nothing happened.

"stairs." mike decided, they all followed him to the staircase.

"a bit faster guys!" tilly manoeuvred them up the stairs quicker.

after, the group dashed through the corridors till they saw jonathan trying to smash a window open.

"here!" el lead them, she stood in front and flicked the door off with her mind, a trail of blood trickling down her nose soon after.

"oh, but i can't do that." tilly crossed her arms in irritation, "how biased."

"not the time!"

the gooey monster peeled itself off of nancy and crawled over to them, they stood as it roared in their faces.

"jesus." mike gasped.

"what the fu-" max started.

a plan suddenly popped into the girl's head and her hero complex kicked in. tilly moved forward and began putting her arms up, "over here monster thing." tilly moved to the corner, trying to distract it with the fresh flame in her hand.

"mattie!"

luckily, her plan worked but before the monster had time to attack the girl, el put her hand out and flung it across all four walls and out the window. to say she was tired after that was an understatement, she fell back into mike's arms, her nose bleeding.

"oh my God."

"holy shit."

"go!" tilly exclaimed at jonathan, he ran over to nancy and the others made their way outside.

once they were outside, they stopped in front of a gutter and observed as the creature slid towards it. it then liquefied and squeezed its way down a gutter.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

as the nerds were in the vents, navigating the ventilation shafts – dustin and slater were filling in the youngest sinclair on the events of the years 1983-4. they were stuck in this vent because of a moving fan and dustin was attempting to open the control panel beside it.

"so, when we set fire to the hub, we drew the demodogs away so el could close the gate."

"crazy but brilliant plan." slater
chimed in, as he always did.

"right. but now, for some insane reason, the russians appear to be trying to reopen it, which just destroys everything we risked our lives for."

"by 'we', you're including lucas?" erica interrogated.