Harry, Ron and I grinned at Hagrid, who gave us a furtive smile back. We knew Hagrid would love a dragon for a pet. I dare not remember the torture that was Norbert.

At the end of the lesson, the trio, Winter and I made our way to the Great Hall for lunch.

"Well at least the Skrewts are small." Ron said.

"They are now. Once Hagrid finds out what they eat, I expect they'll be six feet long. At least." I said, laughing at Ron's horrified look.

We sat down in the Great Hall and Hermione started forcing food down her throat.

"Hermione! You'll make yourself sick!" I said alarmed.

"Is this the new stand for elf rights? You're going to make yourself puke instead?" Ron said, staring at Hermione as if she was crazy.

"No. I want to go the library." Hermione said, still eating very fast.

"If you get indigestion, drink milk. It helps." I informed her as I started to eat my own food at a more reasonable pace.

Hermione laughed.

"Hermione, it's the first day back! We haven't even got homework yet!" Ron exclaimed in disbelief.

Hermione shrugged and continued to eat rapidly. She was nearly finished.

"Ro, a little help please." Ron said.
I shrugged.

"She's stubborn. You have to pick and choose your battles with her." I said.

Hermione had now finished and was getting up from her seat.

"Thanks, Ro. See you in Arithmancy." Hermione said and darted out of the Great Hall.

When the bell rang, I said goodbye to Harry and Ron and Winter and I went to Arithmancy. Hermione came in to the class room just in time. I gave her a curious look. She waved me off and showed me she had a small carton of milk. I gave her an 'I told you so' look. We both laughed quitely and then listened to Professor Vector.

We worked together to solve the problems. With both of us working together we completed it in record time and so we spent half the lesson chatting. Hermione was telling me that she was researching house-elves enslavement and then she can decide on the best way to fight against. I praised her for her efforts but warned her it wouldn't be an easy battle. When class was over we made our way towards the Great Hall and saw Harry and Ron a bit ahead of us.

"Miserable old bat. That'll take all weekend, that will!" Ron said, angrily.

"Lots of homework?" I said symptomaticly, as Hermione and I caught up to them.

"Professor Vector didn't give us any." Hermione said, brightly.

"Well, bully for Professor Vector." Ron said, moodily.

We reached the Entrance Hall and were heading towards the Great Hall.

"Weasley! Hey, Weasley!" Malfoy called.

The trio and I turned to see a smirking Malfoy holding a copy of Daily Prophet.

"What?" Ron said, shortly.

"Your dad's in the paper, Weasley. Listen to this." Malfoy sneered and then proceeded to read out the article.

It was an article criticising Mad-Eye Moody and Mr Weasley. Moody for his paranoia and Mr Weasley for him trying to cover up Moody's incident yesterday.

"There's even a picture, Weasley! A picture of your parents outside their house - well if you can call it a house! Your mother could do with losing a bit of weight, couldn't she?" Malfoy sneered menacingly, while showing us the picture.

Ron was seething with rage. We all were. I lunged for Malfoy. Harry anticipated this and wrapped his arms around my waist, restraining me.

"Want to go for a round four, Malfoy?" I hissed at him, while glaring at him with pure hatred.

"Get stuffed, Malfoy. C'mon Ron." Harry said, while dragging me with him.

"Oh yeah, you were staying with them this summer, weren't you, Potter? So tell me, is his mother really that porky or is it just the picture?" Malfoy sneered.

I screamed and struggled even more in Harry's arms, trying to reach Malfoy. Hermione was now restraining Ron but she wouldn't last long on her own.

"You know your mother, Malfoy? That expression she's got, like she's got dung under her nose? Has she always looked like that, or was it just because you were with her?" Harry said, savagely.