Ushijima slowly crouches down and covers his red face. His ears are also of the same bright color. He screams internally, but almost externally as well.

"Wakatoshi-kun you are so cute, hahaha!" Tendou comments and the rest of the team laughs at their flustered captain. It is the very first time they see Ushijima in such a state.

What you did was pure embarrassing for him. He is used to being the center of attention everywhere he goes, but this is totally different. You have kissed a few times, but never in the presence of anyone. You said it yourself, you wanted to keep the nature of your relationship to yourselves, so why did you do that? People have already started talking around him: 'I told you that they were married', 'I can't believe this', and so on.

After a few seconds Ushijima regains his composure and surfaces. He is still pretty red in the face, but his expression is back to his usual stoic one as he watches Nari putting you down. You throw your arm around her shoulder and she does the same thing as you walk towards your teammates.

"Didn't know that you had it in you, captain Ushijima," she teases you. You scoff at her and roll your eyes, but both of you are grinning.

"Wha-Wha-What was that just now?" Yumena asks as you get in front of her.

"Isn't a wife allowed to kiss her husband?" You say, flashing the ring on your finger together with a wicked smile.

"Husband?!" They all say at the same time, eyes wide open and jaws dropped.

And soon they start bombarding you with different questions: "Are you really married to Ushijima-senpai?", "For how long have you been married?", "Why didn't you invite us to the wedding?"

"Oi!" Your harsh tone puts an end to their ruckus. "Don't forget where we are at the moment. I promise to answer all of your questions when we go back to school, but behave for now," they all bow in front of you and apologize and you return to reunite with your advisor.

Before the awards ceremony, there is a short break for players to stretch or go to the bathroom. You and Nari are still around the court, lying down on the floor. You have never felt so tired after a match.

"Are you sure... about quitting volleyball?" She asks in a uncharacteristic calm tone as she's eyeing the ceiling.

"Yeah, how about you?"

"I don't know. I'm still unsure. Maybe the nationals will change my mind"

"Maybe..." and so, silence settles down. There are many things that Nari wants to tell you, but she decides to do it another time.

During the awards ceremony, as the girls have their medals being placed around their necks, you finally come to realize what's happening: you're actually going to the nationals; for the first time in many years, Shiratorizawa's girls are flying to the orange court.

Because you didn't go to the bathroom during the short break, you are going now, while your teammates are in the lockers. You're still in your volleyball uniform, but you have enough time to change until you have to get on the bus and return to school. As you enter, you find Niiyama's ace there. She glares at you while you approach the sink to wash your hands.

And that's when you notice that she isn't alone as someone behind you locks the door. There are two more girls in here. Crap! What is happening?"

"Get her!" She yells at the other two, as they both grab you by the arms. You wriggle to escape, but they bring you to your knees. You want to scream for help, but the ace quickly silences you by putting a pocket knife at your neck.