Hesitation | Takizawa Seidou

Start from the beginning

     "Something along the lines of that," you giggled. Given the wide eyes your friend shot your way, you assumed that he wanted to know the details. "I didn't do anything illegal, if that's what you're wondering. I was supposed to hand something to Marude-"

"Who the hell do you work with for you to be in contact with Marude?!" Seidou exclaimed. Obviously, neither of you were high enough to be included in the senior investigators' business. You rolled your eyes and waved off his confusion. He shut up and blushed a little after realizing that he had rudely interrupted you. "Sorry." He muttered as you gave him a smile to ensure he knew you weren't bothered by it.

"I wasn't directly tasked with it, Seidou, if that's what you're worried about. It just went down from rank to rank because no one wanted to bring the files to him and no one, and I quote, 'had the time'. Because apparently junior investigators have all the time in the world on their hands." You then hatefully eyed your stack of paperwork that was yet to be completed. "I'm walking in the hallway, and I was planning to get to his office, but I heard voices in one of the conference rooms. So obviously, I made a detour - for important purposes, of course."

"(Y/N)! There are cameras in that hallway!" Seidou reminded you. His concern for your job (and by extension your financial stability) was heartwarming, truly, but you knew that your chances of losing your job were low due to your excuse that you were just looking for Marude. "You could have gotten fired!"

"And leave you here with no emotional support? I think not. I take one day off and when I come back you're moments away from crucifying Mado. I'm the peacekeeper here and I take my job very seriously, Takizawa. Actually, I think the higher ups know about that job too, which is why I'm still here."

Let's be honest here; the true reason for you staying (and making a conscious effort not to get promoted too quickly) was because of how much fun you had with Seidou. You were afraid that if one of you climbed the ranks too quickly in comparison to the other, you'd lose touch. And then you'd get lonely. Seidou was an amazing person; you wouldn't even mind spending the rest of your life with him, whether that was amorously or platonically. For a while, you had the suspicion that he might feel the same about you, but you didn't get enough time to figure out just how he perceived you yet. It was coming along pretty smoothly, though. Just today gave you a few hints.

"Anyways, I get closer to the door and I'm listening, when I hear one of the Washuus say something about Aogiri. Then I was hooked for good." And so was Takizawa, as soon as you mentioned the ghoul organization. "All I heard was that they might have found a potential hideout thanks to satellite cameras before someone in the meeting called me out for eavesdropping. So I was smart enough to just say I was here for Marude. They let me in, I gave Marude his papers and I left. And look at me! I'm still alive and I still have a job!"

Disregarding your last statement, Takizawa groaned. "We're gonna try to disband Aogiri or what?"

"I don't know." You shrugged. "Obviously, Aogiri's too big for us to just... eliminate. I didn't exactly stay long enough to hear about the goal of the raid. It's probably something to do with the fact that Aogiri keeps taking down our investigators in the first ward, honestly." You leaned back into your seat and stretched your arms above your head. Maybe you should get back on your paperwork before you had to stay for overtime.

Seidou must have read your thoughts, because he abruptly got up and brushed himself off. "Well..! Those files aren't gonna fill themselves up, huh? I should probably go too, I got some solved cases I need to close up for Houji." He hesitated, giving you the same look he had on his face when he arrived to your desk, a few minutes ago. His mouth opened but yet again, he was rendered speechless.