Chapter 3: Dreaming With Trouble

I woke up with my hair plastered all over my face and my clothes stuck on my skin. I pulled the covers off of me as fast as I could and ran to my window, opening it and letting the cool breeze dance around my sweat drenched body. I let out a shaky breath and ran my fingers through my hair, scared to close my eyes for too long with those images replaying in my head.

His lips hungrily trailing kisses up my neck and along my jaw line to that secret spot behind my ear.

Blink.

His hand slowly moving from my waist to my thigh, gently applying pressure rhythmically with the movement of his body against mine.

Blink.

 My legs tightening around his waist bringing him closer to me and tightening my hands’ hold on the back of his head.

Blink.

His deep brown eyes stared directly into mine as he moved inside of me, both of us ready to explode.

I practically ran to the bathroom and tore my clothes off. I jumped into the bath tub and turned the handle until mildly cold water was spraying over my entire body. I didn’t dare let my eyelids close for even a second.

“You’ve only met the guy once, Avery,” I whispered to myself, “How in the world could you let him affect you like this so fast?”

            After half an hour of standing under the shower and letting it eventually clear my thoughts and the heat my body that had been emanating from the inside to the outside. When I glanced at the clock, I realized I had somehow managed to run behind schedule and I already knew I was going to be late to school. I thanked God that my school required a uniform because only the Lord knows why it takes me literally 45 minutes to choose an entire outfit when I wear actual clothes. I put on my white button down blouse, gray pleated skirt, layered my black lace stockings over my white plain ones, and topped it all off with my black combat boots. After attempting to hurriedly curl my hair and apply eyeliner on both eyelids with generous coats of mascara on my eyelashes, I rolled up my skirt a bit, put on my burgundy blazer, grabbed my book bag, and flew out the door.

            Once I got out of the elevator, someone was also heading out and held the door opened for me when they realized I was leaving. I raced past the person and headed straight towards the bus stop when I was suddenly pulled back. My feet tangled with each other and I felt myself falling backwards… once again. I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist and pull me flush against their body. I let out a breath of relief when I realized my body hadn’t made contact with the cement ground. I was going to turn around to thank my savior when I felt a pair of lips dangerously close to my ear. Everything in my body froze.

            “I’m starting to think you’re doing this on purpose now,” Gabriel murmured in my ear, his lips grazing my ear with every word he spoke.

            I jumped out of his arms as if I had been burned. I couldn’t even look him directly in the eyes as I regained my standing.

            “Are you okay?” Gabriel asked, his eyebrows knitting together and his arms still hanging in the air from where I was a moment ago.

            I pushed my shoulders back so that I was standing straight and looked Gabriel directly into his eyes with a sense of determination. “Stay away from me, Gabriel. I don’t know who you are and you don’t know who I am so stop playing whatever little game it is that you’re playing.”

            “What are you talking about, woman?” Gabriel asked with complete confusion written on his face, “What game?”

            “Who meets a girl only once, invites her up to his house, and then just starts making out with her arm?!” I said, my hands gesturing the air around me.