Part One: Submissions

Jenna Salano  is your average 19 year old , so to speak. Jenna is a girl who enjoys listening to music while drawing or reading novels, although lately she hasn't had the time with her starting up her second year in college.

School and family life hasn't been easy on her since she doesn't know what she wants to do with her life, but who does at her age... right? Jenna doesn't even know if she wants to go to school but the pressure that her family gives her daily makes her think that she can't live her life the way she wants. Jenna isn't a girl who is all for adventurous and doing stuff out of the ordinary and always did as she was told. However that all changed due to a little show called Julie and the Phantoms.

Jenna woke up early on Monday September 14th, since it's the first day of her second year in College, her major is sociology with a minor in American Sign Language. Luckily she had only one class that day so it wasn't to hectic for her and she was able to start off easy, something that Jenna likes to do to keep herself organized especially since this year all her classes are online is to make note on when her assignment deadlines are so she is prepared later in the semester. Before writing down her deadlines for her courses she decided that she should put on a show in the background since she might not have a lot of free time anymore. Jenna was scrolling through her suggestions list on Netflix when she saw the thing that little did she know would change her life for the better and it was a show called "Julie and the Phantoms". Jenna clicked on it and read the description and it's about three ghosts who die tragically and 25 years later come back as ghosts and only a girl named Julie can see them. It seemed like a show that Jenna would be into and immediately clicked on it and started watching while doing her work. When watching the first scene what took her eye was the drummer of the band and how cute he was.

What turned to watching the first episode ended up being, binging the whole series in one night in her defence it was only 9 episodes which isn't that bad. Although, the target audience is targeted towards kids and she was considered an adult she felt this deep connection towards the show like it was the missing piece of her life.

The next day, Jenna woke up to attend her Zoom lectures, however the whole time her professor was talking she was thinking about the show. Once her class ended she decided to do some research on the cast which ended up in her watching all the interviews that they had done and finding out more about the cast. To say the least she wasn't disappointed because for the first time in watch show she likes the class is close to her age, later on Jenna went through Owen Patrick Joyner who plays Alex on the show's  page on Instagram and decided to look at his old pictures and vlogs that he had uploaded on YouTube a year prior and from that moment on Jenna couldn't stop thinking about him or the cast.

A month later..
Jenna for the last month has spent her time either re-watching the show or listening to the album while she did her school work, to say she was obsessed would be an understatement. Jenna was cleaning up her room when she got a notification on her phone saying that 'Owen Joyner is now live on Instagram'. Jenna doesn't usually attend celebrities lives but decided why not as a little break so she opened up her phone and began watching.

Jenna didn't comment on his live like the other fans did but just simply watched Owen be Owen. After a while she was about to turn off her phone to continue cleaning her room when Owen said that he would definitely wanna marry a fan because he thinks it would be very funny when COVID ended. That took Jenna by surprise because no celebrity that she heard of went that far into marrying a fan just because it would be funny.

"How lucky that fan would be" Jenna thought to herself then shut off her phone to clean.

Throughout the day Jenna thought about the whole marriage thing and how fun it would be for her who has never done anything adventurous to marry a celebrity for fun. Jenna shook her head in thought "There's no way he's actually serious about this." Jenna decided not to think to much of a situation that wasn't going to happen.

Two weeks later..
Jenna was on her phone scrolling through Instagram when Owen decided to go live again, when she was watching she thought to herself on if he would mention the marriage thing, luckily some fans thought so to and decided to comment on it. Owen read the comment and immediately said yes that he is serious about it but it will be more talked about when the pandemic is over. Jenna smiled at the thought of being able to call herself Owen Joyner's wife but the smile faded when he mentioned that he plans to get divorced right after. Jenna didn't even know why but felt a little sad even though she was expecting for this to happen because obviously Owen would eventually wanna marry someone he loves. Jenna decided to continue on with her homework and not spend too much time thinking of a  situation that probably was never going to happen.

Three months later..
It was now February 2021, not much has happened for Jenna in the last three months other than celebrating her 20th birthday and doing assignments. One thing that did however change was that there were no more cases of the coronavirus and  it has been that way for the last couple of weeks. (AN: I don't know if this is actually going to happen, I'm just making it up)

Jenna was glad that things were able to go back to normal again, some things still remained the same for example keeping distance to others when shopping and always sanitizing but it was a change that one was already used too. More places were opening up again and people were allowed to see their friends again, however Jenna really didn't care about that part since she didn't have much people in her life to consider her friend.

Owen went live again that same day and mentioned more on the whole marriage thing and since COVID was over he would start taking applications, he wasn't looking for much only that you were over the age of 18 and of course a fan of his. Later that day Jenna looked at the link in his bio which was the sign up sheet and thought to herself should she actually do it, she met the requirement but what were the chances that she actually was going to get picked. The sign up sheet probably already had thousands of submissions from people all over the world what were the chances that he would choose someone from Canada. Jenna decided to just go for it considering that what were the chances of her actually getting picked and having to explain to her family on her getting married to a celebrity out of all people. It was also a way for her to finally tell herself that she did something spontaneous in her life. Jenna put down her name and age and where's she from since that is all the information that she had to give and pressed submit. Jenna was really nervous for the outcome but decided not to get her hopes up to much. Owen did say that he will pick someone by the end of the week, and Jenna decided to keep herself occupied until then so she doesn't think about it too much.

A week has passed since and Jenna was getting anxious, she tried to occupy herself as much as she could but whenever she wasn't doing something her mind always went back to Owen. If Jenna didn't hear anything by now she assumed that someone else had been picked and until the ceremony that's when he will tell the world on who she was. Jenna didn't think too much of the situation, she was happy for whoever this person might be, in her defence it was a marriage that would end up in divorce two hours after the ceremony let someone else have it, fans should be supportive of other fans.. right?

Later that night Jenna was checking her emails when one caught her eye, she blinked multiple times asking herself if she was seeing that correctly, even though she didn't know what she was seeing all she saw in the email was Owen Joyner and marriage. Jenna immediately clicked on the email and skimmed through it when she reached the end of the email that's when she realized "It's me.. I got picked." Jenna thought.

This was just the start of something that was going to change forever.