03. Tonight It Is

Start from the beginning

The early September air was brisk as they left the castle walls, Skyler taking a deep breath as they broke away from the crowds, "Whew, it gets crowded in there. I can't wait for it to start getting really cold, I miss a good snowy Hogsmeade day."

"I'm looking forward to getting my revenge for last year's snowball fight," Bram shook his head as they walked, "You cheated and you know it."

"Just because my sneeze sounded suspiciously like a hex doesn't mean I cheated," the girl argued with a teasing hint in her voice, "We said no wands, we didn't say no magic."

"It was implied!" he exclaimed as they came across the twins by the lake, waiting for him with anticipation all over their faces. Without a word, he removed the disguise charm from the piece of paper and handed it over to Fred.

The boys overlooked the paper excitedly, Fred shouting, "Brilliant!"

"Oh, this'll work like a charm, easy peasy," George affirmed as he looked at the ingredients, "We'll knick this stuff easy from Snape's office, I reckon."

"Bram, you gonna be our lookout tonight?" Fred asked and Bram knew he wasn't going to be able to say no. Then again, it wasn't like he had a reason to say no in the first place. He could feel Skyler's gaze searing into his side, but he also knew she wouldn't stop him.

After a moment he sighed, "Yeah, I suppose, but I'm killing you guys if I get caught. Snape still scares me after all this time."

"Of course he does," Fred teased, "The sheer amount of grease in his hair is bloody terrifying, ain't it?"

The group laughed as Fred shoved the potion recipe in his pocket, clapping Bram on the back. The boy smile as the redhead's arm lingered around his shoulders. It was a small action, but Bram's heart fluttered at the warmth. 

"You guys are idiots," Skyler shook her head disapprovingly, but Bram could still she was fighting back a smile as she usually was when it came to the twins and the schemes she and Bram were often sucked into. At least one of them had to actually keep them in check or else it would probably be utter chaos. Usually, if they really were going to attempt something dangerous, Skyler would be the voice of reason and Bram was thankful for that. 

"And we'll always have you to remind us, Sky," George chuckled, the four of them beginning to walk back towards the castle as the sun hung low in the sky. It was just about time for dinner and Bram's stomach was already starting to rumble from the light lunch he had hours ago. Fred kept his arm around his shoulders as they walked, but Bram had no problems with this at all.

"I don't know what we'd do without you, Bram," Fred muttered as they walked, looking over at the boy with a smile.

Bram laughed at this, "You'd probably have gotten expelled your second year, I reckon."

"I don't doubt it," the boy added, "but your life would be that much more boring then and you know it."

He shook his head, but a small grin was still breaking through his gentle features as he said, "Yeah, yeah, I do." 

"So? Tonight it is then?" George interrupted the conversation, but Bram didn't mind.

He nodded, "Tonight it is." 

"