love cuts like a knife, or a sword in this case - 18

Start from the beginning

An unlocked window showed where you'd escaped through, or possibly been taken. Feitan didn't like the idea that someone had captured you. He would've heard something.

He decided to check your apartment first.

Crawling through the tight vents was hard, especially when you didn't want to make any noise. But you shifted and turned, reaching the vent that would put you right inside Bryce's room, right where you needed to be.

Dropping down silently, you looked around. Everything was still lit up, but not a soul was in sight. You couldn't sense anyone either. This was proving to be a bit difficult.

Sneaking into the room further, you could hear the sound of fingers hitting against keyboard keys. Someone was working on a computer.

Peaking around the corner, there Bryce sat at a mahogany desk, typing up what looked like some sort of report.

Staring closer, you realized all too well what it was.

An autopsy report. He was filing Asu's autopsy report, dummying up something to put into the record system. Why would he go through so much?

None of it made sense, but you didn't have time to figure out why Bryce was wasting his time covering up his tracks. You had questions you needed answering.

It all happened so fast.

Feitan was searching through your apartment for something, anything, that would lead him to you. Upon entering your room, your clothes had been tossed messily onto your bed where he assumed you'd changed. There were scattered documents as well as a large set of papers, all titled 'The Lazarus Estate.'

You'd gone straight into the belly of the beast.

You'd infiltrated the Lazarus manor.

✞━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━✞

"Make any sudden movements and you'll be bleeding out all over your fake Prada, and god save whoever the poor soul that has to clean it up." You whisper, a large blade pressed firmly into Bryce's skin, his adam's apple bobbling vicariously close to the sharp edge pressing into his throat.

"So you're still alive? I didn't think one little gunshot would've taken such a strong girl like you down." Bryce retorted, his usual cocky tone only making your angrier.

"I should gut you right here. But I have questions I need you to answer." You pressed the knife harder, causing Bryce some discomfort. He chuckled, only smiling at your words.

"And if I don't answer, you kill me?" Bryce was toying with you. You groaned and grabbed the rope you'd brought along and began restraining him to his chair, making sure he wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

"Exactly. So talk while you still have a tongue." You spun him around once he was restrained, pointing your blade directly at his throat.

"What do you want to know, gorgeous?" Bryce smirked. You rolled your eyes and began to ask the serious questions.

"What role did you have in the murder of my father?" You asked, narrowing your eyes as you spoke to him.

Bryce's own eyes seemed to light up at the mention of your father. You were onto him, but he didn't entirely know how much you had on him. Asu had failed to recover the information you'd gained while at Jamie's.

"I know I seem like a prime suspect but-"

"Get to the point." You pressed the tip of the blade a little harder into his skin, nearly piercing it.

"I didn't kill your father." Bryce admitted. He was somewhat telling the truth.

Feitan was racing to the manor. He wasn't exactly sure what he was going to do when he arrived, but he would figure it out. He didn't have much time. What if you were already hurt, or worse?