Chapter Two: Back into Hell

If you weren't utterly disgusted by the first chapter, here's another one! Chapter title was inspired by Meat Loaf again (great, great band), and I still don't own either the song or Ashes, sadly.

I am inexperienced at this, so please let me know if I've got them OOC or not.

Positive comments are like chocolate and good friends- the more you have, the better!
Dragongrl04 x

You said love was forever

Oh but neither one of us will ever surrender

London looked exactly the same- it was like she'd never left. It was still a dark night, drenched with rain and shockingly quiet considering the usual city hum.

She wondered how much time had passed, if any. There was nobody around, nothing to help her get her bearings, to know which point in time she'd been transported to.

She suddenly had a thought, one which made her chest spasm in panic.

What if she was too late?

What if Gene didn't remember her, remember who they were to each other?

What if she was now a stranger, a shadow of a memory in the darkest recesses of his mind, only thought of in the quiet moments between dreams, too insubstantial to be real?

She shook herself.

She'd be there and so would he. The rest was immaterial.

If he didn't remember her, well, she'd just have to remind him, wouldn't she? She could think of several ways to do that...