Chapter Two: Unleashed

It had been one year since my Father had locked me in this tank in Racoon City. I'd seen various people down here, and listened in on all their conversations, hoping I could find something, anything, that would help me escape! I had even learned that Birkin was bribing the police chief, Bryan Irons to keep people away! I shook my head. I'd also heard Birkin talking to his wife Annette. He was panicking because Umbrella wanted to come and take his "baby" from him, the G-Virus. He said he wasn't going to let them. I sighed a little. This was going to turn out very bad. Umbrella always gets what they want. I would know. It was a few days later, that I saw guards rushing in, following Birkin closely as he ran to his lab! I suppose it was lucky that I could see up onto the bridge just above my tank. Thankfully, I could also hear what was going on, as the glass wasn't sound proof.

"This is my life's work! You won't take it from me!!" That was William. Then, I heard gun shots, then silence. I shook my head. Umbrella got their way. As usual. A few minutes later, I saw Annette Birkin run into the lab.

"Good lord, William! What have you done?!" She said. I didn't hear an answer, however, it wasn't long until I saw Birkin stumble from his lab...now massively mutated! He must have been so desperate to keep his virus from Umbrella, that he injected himself with it. Hm. Karmic Retribution. He got what he deserved. Although now, I was seriously worried. What else had he possibly unleashed?! A few hours later, I saw the scientists all panicking, either trying to burn and hide everything, or just trying to get out of the lab. Some of them stopped to look at me, but they ended up leaving me behind!! I began to panic! I began pounding on the glass.

"No! No! Please don't leave me behind!! Please! PLEASE!!!" I screamed, but none of them heard me. What was happening?! What were they leaving me here with?! I sighed and silently hoped that my Father would send someone to evacuate me...

Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

It had been at least two days since I had seen a person of any kind in the lab. The feeding tube that has been keeping me fed and healthy for the past year ran out yesterday, and I was really hungry! Did I really mean so little to my own Father?! However, I didn't have time to dwell on it, as I suddenly heard an alarm begin blaring, making me look around.

"Warning: Unauthorized removal of a level 4 virus. Emergency lockdown initiated. Self-destruct will initiate when lock down is complete." My jaw dropped. Self destruct?! What the hell kind of fail safe is that?!?! I couldn't believe this. This was it. I was going to die. I was only eighteen years old, I didn't want to die!! I began to cry, moving to a corner, and resigning myself to my fate, when I heard a loud crash, and the whole lab shook! I moved to the glass, and pressed my hands against it. Something was going on up on the bridge! I couldn't see it too terribly well, but I could hear it:

"Move, he's mine! I'm sorry William. This has to end!" William?! That big behemoth on the bridge was William Birkin?!?! Holy shit, what had he done to himself?!

"You called this thing William. Why?" That was a voice that I didn't recognize. Who was that? I could hear Annette confirming my earlier suspicions, that William had injected himself with the G-Virus in a desperate attempt to keep Umbrella from getting it. I shook my head. He had a daughter. G-Virus targets those with the exact same DNA as their host. Did he even think of what that would do to her?! No. He's just like my Father, he'd use his own child as an experiment to further his own ends.

"It wasn't supposed to be this way! This is all Umbrella's fault!" Annette said.

"But you're Umbrella too." The stranger said.

"Yes...but we never meant for this to happen!"

"Spin it anyway you want, you're still responsible!" That's when I saw the monster move, and throw someone! Then, the bridge began moving down to my level.

"What are you doing?? The stranger, who I could now see was a young police officer, asked.

"We have to stop him! We can't let him leave this room! Annette called. I looked to my left, and I stared in horror. The man that was once my Father's closest friend...was now a monster of his own creation.