Chapter 5

Sofia POV

"Hello again, Hugo" I said as I curtsied

"Hello again?" Mom, Dad and James asked

"Well, I and Amber met him in school."

"Hugo, have you switched your school to ERA for someone?" James asked with a smirk

Hugo POV

"No, James. You know, ice dancing recital."

"Oh." James said 

I laughed while Sofia giggled

"So, we all are 'brothers - in - law' or what? Now, look at Desmond. I barely even noticed he was here!"

"Let's go in." King Roland said, "Garrick! Magnus! Long time no see, huh?"

Dad and King Magnus smiled widely.

Sofia put an arm around my arm and Amber did the same with Desmond and we all walked in for dinner.

As we ate, I had to ask King Roland about something.

"If you don't mind me asking, King Roland, when is the wedding?"

Amber and James chuckled at each other and whispered something.

"That eager to marry Sofia, Hugo?" Amber teased

Sofia stomped her foot and Amber wisely shut her mouth.

"Oh, stop it, the three of you. Hugo, the marriage's about in 4 years, so please don't bother about it right now, son. And please, do call me 'Papa' and Miranda 'Mama' now. The same goes for Desmond."

Desmond and I smiled and nodded.

"Thank you, Papa." We chorused together

"And Sofia will also call me 'Papa' then, if Roland doesn't mind." 

"Same here." King Magnus and Queen Regina said.

"Oh, we do not mind at all!"

After that joyful dinner, we were asked to spend some time together, so Sofia and I walked to the gardens.

Sofia POV

"How did you take the news, Hugo?"

"Pretty well enough."

"Why so?"

"Atleast I'll be spending my life with someone I can have fun with, and not someone I don't know or something. How about you?"

"Pretty well too."

"Let's sit here."

I sat next to him and rested my face on his shoulder. He did the same and we gazed at the beautiful starry night."

"I Love You, Sofia. I don't think our marriage will be considered a forced marriage like a betrothal, unless you love me. But if you don't, I will make you love me before the marriage."

I looked at him. He had said the words which meant everything to me.

"Believe me Hugo, I Love You more."

Suddenly we realized how close we were. I felt his breath on my face, but none of us dared to move backward. Hugo inched closer and I closed my eyes. Suddenly, we heard the garden door opening.