Chapter 2

The next day, I woke up late, around 12:00 PM. I felt dizzy getting out of bed. I checked my phone to see 11 missed calls, from Anna. Anna never calls me unless something is wrong, and she certainly doesn't call this much. Quickly, I called her back. 

"Jaylynn!" A familiar voice was on the other line of the phone. Her mother. 

"Is Anna there?" I asked. 

"No, she is in the hospital." her mom's voice was shaky.

"Why?"

"Yesterday she came homesick early, and was feeling very dizzy in the evening. This morning, she fainted, and while she did, she hit her head, hard on the tile floor. I was so scared, and I called rescue. They took her to the hospital. I called you a lot, but you didn't pick up. She has to stay in the hospital for a week, to recover. They said she might have amnesia."

I gasped. "Oh my gosh, I should visit her in the hospital right away!"

"No! I mean, o you, um, do you mind, coming with me to the hospital?"

"Sure, I'll go to your house and we can drive there." I hung up the phone. Anna is an only child, and her parents are divorced, so if Anna is not home, she's all alone.

I slipped on a t-shirt, black skinny jeans, sneakers, and a jacket. Then I went down the stairs, to tell Fabio I was going out for a while. My parents were in their office working, and anyway, they barely even know who Anna is, even though I've known her so long. I'm usually at her house. Fabio was cleaning up in the living room. I told him I was going to Anna's house for a while, but I didn't have any time, nor I felt like explaining anything to him. He knew about my personal life, but not my best friend's. I ran out the door. I decided to walk to Anna's house. She only lives a few blocks away, and I was getting nervous. I needed some fresh air to calm down. As I was walking, I heard heavy footsteps behind me. I ignored them, thinking it was just a random person out for a walk. Then I noticed that they were following me for a while now. I was getting a little scared. Slowly, I turned around. Standing there, was Aiden. He was alone, not with his sister, which I found very unusual. 

"Are you following me?" It was up-front, but I couldn't help it. I was aggravated. 

"Yes," Aiden replied calmly. 

"Why?" 

"I don't know, I guess I just wanted to see what you were doing."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm going to a friend's house. Now, can you leave me alone please?"

"Yes. Sorry about that," he put his hands in his coat pockets and walked away.

"Wait, Aiden!" I shouted back at him.

He didn't stop.

"AIDEN!"

Steadily, Aiden turned around. "What?" He walked over to me.