Concept Entry 2: Ronin

Requested by: Rising_Anarchy

Welcome to our second Smash Concept. Today we're going to be looking at a rather strange character as they're not usually in the conversation for being included in Smash, due to them being from a relatively underground game compared to more popular choices.

 Today we're going to be looking at a rather strange character as they're not usually in the conversation for being included in Smash, due to them being from a relatively underground game compared to more popular choices

Yup, we're covering Ronin, the fast, agile, hit and run swordsman titan from Titanfall 2. Not gonna lie, he seems like a very interesting pick for a Smash fighter. I know he would definitely be too big for smash, as the average Titan height is about 14 feet, even if Ronin is on the smaller side, so he would obviously be given the Ridley treatment and be sized down to match the rest of the cast. I'm thinking a little taller than ZSS. Let's get right into it.

Playstyle: To stay faithful to Ronin's source material, he'll play a hit and run playstyle, where he'll have several ways to start combos to deal big damage to enemies and severely limit their options to escape, while Ronin will be able to escape when things aren't looking too good

Stats:

Weight: 91 (tied for 85th heaviest with Palutena and Toon Link)

Walk speed: 1.444 (Tied for 7th fastest with Sonic)

Initial dash: 2.55 (7th fastest tied with Marth/Lucina)

Run speed: 2.2 (9th fastest tied with Ridley/Charizard)

Air Speed: 1.176 (Tied at 17th fastest for Mr. G&W)

Ratings:

Size: 8/10

Frame data: 6/10

Damage: 6.5/10

Combo game: 9/10

KO Potential: 7/10

Recovery: 6/10

Speed: 9/10

Additional movement options: None

Moveset:

Jab: simple 3 hit combo with Ronin's sword similar to default execution in game, where the 3rd slash stabs Ronin's sword into the ground, bouncing his opponent in midair

F-tilt: longer range slice forward can be a decent kill option at the ledge.

U-tilt: simple sword swing which reaches above and to the sides of Ronin which can be used to start combos.

D-tilt: low to the ground slice which can trip opponents. Also combos into whatever Ronin wishes.

Dash attack: running slice upwards with electrified sword. The sword will release a little electricity in front of you as well to deal small flinching damage to any opponents immediately in front of you that you may have missed with the sword.

F-Smash: Ronin would charge up a massive sword swing, launching opponents very far away. This will release even more electricity the dash attack, stunning opponents for longer and and in a larger radius depending on how much you charged it, even allowing for F-Smash retakes.