The Fourth Champion

ابدأ من البداية

"Is zis true" Madam Maxine asked happily.

"It is!" Bagman said, shocked "To enter, you put your full name. Harry doesn't have to compete!"

Dumbledore got pissed. His plan was failing! Harry was supposed to feel rejected by the entire school, including his friends, and come to him for advice and support. This had to work so he yelled "Obliviate!"

Suddenly, the events of the interaction were gone in the heads of 8 people. It was replaced by the fact that Harry had to compete in the tournament, whether he wanted to or not.

With this new memory in their heads, the four champions walked back to their dormitories. Cedric and Harry walked together. In the middle, Cedric broke their uneasy silence "I believe you. Don't worry."

"Thanks" Harry gave Cedric a small smile "This means a lot."

"I'll try to explain to my house that you didn't" Cedric told him.

Both of them shook hands then went their separate ways.

The fallout from this was huge. Despite Cedric believing him, everyone else (bar Cedric and his close friends) in Hufflepuff thought of Harry as a clout chaser. They were mad that he tried to steal their champion's spotlight. Hufflepuff made it their mission to make Harry's life a nightmare. The issue was, Harry easily outclassed all of their 7th years in magical power. If they sent a hex, he sent it back, only stronger. If they tried to curse him, he sent a stronger one back. Best of all, wandless casting let him do this without getting into trouble.

Every house but Ravenclaw stuck by Cedric though (a few Ravenclaws did believe Harry was a cheater but they were small in number). Luckily for Harry, all his friends stuck by him. As Rishi put it "We're not idiots like everyone else."

Nott even took the time to make badges which went from "Support Cedric Diggory, the real Hogwarts Champion" to "Potter stinks." But when Nott tried to yell at Draco for "not supporting Slytherin's endeavors," Draco gave Nott hell from Harry.

Harry was in potions class when Astoria, Daphne's sister, stuck her head in the doorframe "Professor Snape? Harry needs to go for the Weighing of the Wand."

Snape nodded "Off you go Harry."

Harry packed up his things and went off with Astoria. She looked at him after a while "I'm sorry that no one believes you."

Harry raised an eyebrow "Do you?"

Astoria nodded feverishly "You're Daphne's friend. I'll support you just like my sister does."

This got a smile from Harry "Thanks."

Astoria gave Harry a small hug as they arrived "No problem."

Harry entered the room as Astoria ran back to her class.

Mr Crouch started talking once Harry walked in "Good everyone is here. This is the weighing of the wands. We need register your wands for the tournament. But before we do, Ms Skeeter here will interview you all for a small piece on the Triwizard Tournament."

"Maybe not small, Barty" Skeeter licked her lips as she looked at the championns.

"I've heard of her" Cedric whispered to the other champions "She has a habit of making up stories."

Harry smirked "Follow my lead."

Ms Skeeter looked at Harry "Why don't we start with you, the youngest of the group. Come with me and..."

"Sorry, I can't" Harry apologized with mock sadness "I can't without my agent's permission."

"Well, who is he" Skeeter said "I'll have a little chat with him."

"He's the Giant Squid of Black Lake" Harry told her seriously "Without his written authorization, I can't be interviewed. I apologize for the inconvenience."

"Same with me" Cedric said.

"As me" Krum added.

"Me as well" Fleur told her.

Skeeter looked shocked at this turn of events which caused quite a few of the adults there to laugh. They hadn't wanted Skeeter but the Prophet sent her. Now, she couldn't lie and if she did, she couldn't weasel her way out of it.

"Now then" Barty chuckled "Ollivander, why don't you began the Weighing?"

The grizzled wandmaker watched as Fleur went up first. Ollivander began inspecting the wand and began talking to himself "9 and a half inches. Rosewood. What's the core, Ms Delacour?"

"A Veela hair from my grandmother" Fleur answered.

"A tad bit unstable for my liking but very good" Ollivander said "Your wand is fine. Next?"

Cedric walked up to Ollivander who upon taking up, resumed talking "Ah, now, this is one of mine, isn't it? Yes, I remember it well. Containing a single hair from the tail of a particularly fine male unicorn... Twelve and a quarter inches... ash... pleasantly springy. It's in fine condition."

Cedric smiled and went back as Krum went to Ollivander. Ollivander took the wand "This is one of Gregorovitch's wands, eh?"

"Yes, sir" Krum nodded.

"A talented wandmaker he was. 10 and a half inches and hornbeam with what core?" Ollivander asked the Bulgarian seeker.

"Dragon heartstring" Krum told him.

"It's in fine condition" Ollivander handed the wand back and gestured for Harry to come forward.

Ollivander smiled sadly as he held Harry's wand "I remember this one well. One of my finest creations. Have you been using it well?"

"Yes sir" Harry responded.

"11 inches... Combination of hazel and holly for the wood... And the dual core of a Thestral hair and a Phoenix feather" Ollivander murmered "Tad bit rigid. Fine wand. One of my best, indeed."

Dumbledore coughed "Did you say dual core?"

"I did" Ollivander nodded "Well then, all the wands are in fine shape. Best of luck, champions!"

Harry then left the room, ignoring Dumbledore's call. He suspected that Dumbledore didn't like his dual core, but he couldn't care less.

Thanks for reading. Please leave a review.