Chapter 8: Sirius Black

Comenzar desde el principio

"What the hell did Bloody Diggory want?"

"Nothing. Let's go." I started walking faster so he couldn't ask any more questions.

We all finally settled down and onto the ground so we could sleep. I can't sleep tonight, they'll all hear me scream and ask about my nightmares. They don't need to know. I shifted to lay down on my side and saw Draco, with his eyes closed and breathing evenly, already asleep. I smiled at how innocent and childlike he looked, not at all the cold front he always put up. I moved a strand of hair from his face and immediately saw him open his eyes.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing. I just can't sleep." I tucked my hands under my head.

"You don't want to have a nightmare?"

"You remember that?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him in confusion.

"Of course. When are you going to tell me what they're about?" I stayed quiet and shifted uncomfortably on the ground. He sighed and pulled my arm so he could interlace my hand with his. "Sleep Kat. I'm right here." I smiled and nodded, praying Snape didn't see us.

I got to sleep through the whole night, no nightmares.

———

The next couple weeks passed by quickly, and way too many big discoveries were made about Harry's life. Sirius turned out to be his godfather, the only family he has left, and Lupin, who was our mentor all year, was his friend, a good friend of his. Ron's stupid rat turned out to be an even stupider person, Peter Pettigrew. I remembered his name from the map Fred and George gave Harry, where he could see what people are doing "every minute of every day" as they described it. We discovered this as we went to retrieve the rat from a tree, that's where everything went down. Ron got hurt but now we're in the hospital, and Mione's about to tell Harry about her special gift from McGonagall.

"Hermione, what is that?" Harry asked.

"It's a time turner, we have to go back and rescue Buckbeak." We stood close to Hermione.

"Wait for me." Ron tried to sit up in his hospital bed and winced in pain.

"No you stay here." Mione told him and I smiled when he pouted.

"Who gave that to you?" Harry asked Mione again.

"McGonagall" I mocked and Mione rolled her eyes at my tone.

"Jealous?" Mione mimicked me.

"No." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Really?"

"Could you just turn the stupid necklace and can we go?" Mione laughed and did so.

We were suddenly transported to a place high up, where you could see Hagrid's from here. We watched as the past version of Hermione went up and punched Draco.

"Nice one Hermione." Harry nudged her and she smiled.

"Yeah, real nice." I rolled my eyes as I recalled how that had hurt and almost broke my nose as well.

Sorry. She mouthed at me and I shrugged. Mione kept looking at the past version of herself and cringed.

"Is that really what my hair looks like from the back?" Mione asked.

"Hermione!" Harry and I both rolled our eyes at her.

She shrugged and we continued on our adventure, we got to rescue Buckbeak and keep him hidden as everything went down, up until we saw Harry, laying down, with dementors on top of him. Mione and I both gasped and Harry sighed, taking out his wand and concentrating fully.

"Expecto Patronum!" He yelled and we watched in awe as a bright deer emanated and removed all the dementors from around Harry.

"So it was you. You conjured the patronus." Hermione said and I watched as a glossy look took over his eyes.

He had some small hope that it was his father.

I don't blame him, sometimes I make myself believe my mom's still alive too.

We went to rescue Sirius as well and Mione and I both got sad at how Harry pleaded to go with him but he refused, naming he needed to get his own life together first because people would be looking for him. All this happened so fast in just one night and a couple weeks later we realized it was time to head home again. This year has been insane, even more so than our past years.

"Kat!" I heard Draco's voice behind me and smiled, it had been a while since we spoke.

"You're not mad at me anymore?"

"You're not the one that punched me, your sister did." He turned to glare at Mione, who was behind me and she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, she doesn't like animal cruelty."

"Yeah, whatever. So... "

"So... are you going to come with us this summer?"

"No. I think your sister doesn't want me there."

But I do.

"Oh... okay." I shrugged and picked up my bags. "I'll see you in a couple months then."

"Yeah, see you." I turned around and headed to my compartment on the train, leaning on the window as my friends filed in. See you in a couple months. I got the feeling that next year might just be worse than this year was.