Silent Tears Chapter 2

Silent Tears - Chapter 2 (Edited)

------

Jake's P.O.V

As soon as I had left the cafeteria, I followed after Grace. I wanted to make sure she was okay. I mean Tyler could be cruel and this girl obviously has had plenty of run-ins with her and her posse. Th only problem was that I couldn't find her - anywhere. This girl was elusive. I had found her once but she just ran straight into the girls bahroom and she didn't come out until I was forced to abandon my quest in favour of attending 4th period class.

Ugh - math. If I could I would just walk out the doors and never come back. This stupid lesson had a stupid teacher. Mr Sybil is about 90 but he is convinced he's the coolest man alive. Just to be clear. He isn't. He falls asleep in class a lot and even when he is awake he talks in a monotone. It doesn't make the lesson very enjoyable. Most of the class- including myself-  just spend the whole lesson staring out the window dreaming of being free from this teenage nightmare.

Out in the woods or just in the big open fields that are all around here. That is one of the perks of living in this town. It is surrounded by countryside so you can run for miles and not meet a single person. It's heaven. It means you can be yourself and no one would know. Which is just what we need. However this also means that the teens here lack certain social aspects. With very few recreational places to visit, members of the town tend to be invested in each others lifes to an unhealthy degree and gossip is everyone's favourite pass-time. Secrets are very hard to keep unless you 100% trust everyone you share them with.

My thoughts returned to Grace and my need to see her. It baffled me how much she was has stuck in my mind. She intrigued me and I don't know why. I just want to find her and talk, that was all. I knew what I had to do. With a tortured sigh, I accepted my fated. I needed to talk to my stupid brother. 

Grace's P.O.V

"Hey, wait up!" I sighed and shook my head in disbelief. This boy couldn't take the hint. Ever since lunch, Jake followed me around everywhere! And I mean everywhere! I'm grateful for the effort but he probably just made thing worse. As if Tyler was just going to leave me alone because someone told her too. If anything she'll blame me for the end of her relationship. I just carried on walking past Jake and the crowds of friends hugging each other goodbye.

I felt a hand on my arm and froze. This hand felt wrong. Boy, this was a strong hand! And it was hot, like unnaturally hot. What was up with this hand? I stopped, realising that I was talking about the hand as if it were a real person. I really need look at the person who stopped me instead of just staring at their hand. Why am I telling myself what I need to do when I can just doing it? Ok, stop and turn around now!

Spinning around I saw a person who looked almost identical to Jake despite the age difference. I could just see Jake over the man's shoulder. I looked back and forth between them both and saw the same desperation in their eyes. I almost felt pity for them. "Please, just listen. Please. Hear him out for a couple of seconds." I was surprised they were so desperate. And all over little old me. I wanted to laugh. If they wanted to talk so badly if this man was willing to be for his brother than I can spare a few minutes.

I glanced at my watch before nodding my head slightly. What else could I do? They looked like they were both near tears and I don't know what I would of done. "Grace? It would be loads easier if you talked back to us." I shook my head frantically. There a no way I was breaking my silence for these boys. I didn't even know one of them. "Ok. I guess we'll talk then. Where's your car? You can follow us home."

He gazed around, to see it completely empty apart from two cars, which I guessed belonged to them. They were the stereotypical rich boy cars. A Bentley and a Porsche. Both Black. "You don't have a car, do you?" Again I shook my head, kind of annoyed that he assumed everyone was as well of as him. Jake sighed. "I'll give you a lift." I didn't really want to be in a confined space with him. But I knew it was the only way he wold leave me alone.  

Unknown's P.O.V

I watched her walk away with the two boys. I growled and glared at their retreating figures. How dare they! She was my little girl! I didn't want them near my little girl. She's too young. I'm scared of what they'll tell her. I know they're going to take her to the pack house. To my house. They were going to reveal our secret, I saw it in the boy's eye as he lead her to the car. I'm just waiting for him to realise it himself. Then I can warn him. Tell him who she is. I smelt her and knew. She had come back to me. My sweetheart had come back. I could have my little girl back home. In the safety of my house.  Then I can tell her everything. Tell her what happened. Tell her what she is.