Pop revs the engine. " What was that?"

"Look, I didn't mean to," Kie says.

Pope keeps revving the engine. "Sorry, I can't hear you. What was that?"

"Pope, I'm being serious..." Kie starts. Pope revs the engine again. "I'm trying to talk to you!"

Pope doesn't say anything else before taking off. I can tell Kie is upset by what happened between them. She starts walking back towards the door but stops when she hears a helicopter.

I look up confused as it flies overhead.

"Who the hell is that?" JJ asks.

We head back inside to pack supplies for John B. Kie explains what happened between her and Pope last night. While they were trying to get Sarah, Pope confessed his love for Kiara and she turned him down.

"You sure he wasn't just being weird Pope?" JJ asks.

"It wasn't really the kind of thing that needed interpretation," Kie states.

"Is that gonna be enough food for them?" I ask.

"I mean, for a couple of weeks, and that's all they need, so..." JJ trails off.

"Look, I think I actually hurt his feelings," Kie confesses.

JJ carries the box out of the restaurant. "Look, don't beat yourself up too much. He's completely changed his feels. The past 24 hours have been like Jekyll and Hyde."

"I hate to admit it, but I miss the old Pope. At least I knew what to expect from him," Kie admits.

JJ puts the food in the trunk. Kie's mom is standing by my car. "Where you been?"

"Uh... I'm fine. I slept here," Kie tells her.

"Well, we were up half the night, scared to death, lookin' for you." Her mom looks at JJ, Topper, and I. "Were you even gonna tell us?"

"Well, I'm telling you right now," Kie states.

"Alright what the hell are you four up to?" her mom asks.

"I'm sorry, Miss Anna, we just gotta go," JJ tells her.

"I'm sorry," Kie tells her as she walks towards the car.

JJ, Topper, and I get in the car.

"No. I'm sorry. Absolutely not. Have you heard what's going on out there?" Kie's mom asks.

"Mom, I'll explain later," Kie tells her. She opens the back door.

"Have you seen the storm comin' in? This is not safe," her mom argues.

"I'm sorry, Mom. I have to go!" Kie says as she gets in the car.

"These cops are armed, Kiara. You'll get shot," her mom warns.

"I have to go!" Kie insists.

"I am not letting you do this!" her mom yells.

"Mom, John B needs me!" Kie shouts.

"You need to stay here," her mom states.

"I understand. I'll be careful," Kie tells her as she closes the door. "Sorry!"

"Kiara! Open this door!" her mom yells.

"I'm sorry. Ash go," Kie says.

I listen to Kie and start the car.

"Stop it right now," her mom says. I start to drive away carefully so I don't run her over. "Right now, Kiara! This is not safe! Stop!"

We pull up to JJ's house so he can get the keys to the boat.